Radiation may stop early??

Options
Fighting4Popi2
Fighting4Popi2 Member Posts: 25 Member
Hello everyone... We are 22 days into 26 day radiation cycle with chemo. Today was out last chemo for this 6 week round. The doctor said today that they may be concerned about the ammount of radiation that my fathers lungs are being exposed to. So we will know tomorrow of we are done with radiation.. What are your thoughts on that? Anyone else have this happen? I am not sure how to feel happy we can now start to get him stronger or sad that this is 4 oppotunities to kill cancer we will miss?? What should I be wishing for? Thanks and Love to all....

Lynn

Comments

• Fighting4Popi2
    Options
    Correction!!!
    28 rad scheduled completed 24...
  • Correction!!!
    28 rad scheduled completed 24...

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Fighting4Popi2
    Options
    unknown said:

Thanks so Much William you have settle my heart....
    We will find out tomorrow about if we are done with Rads... Dr Konski sent my fathers case to one of him peers at Chase Fox to get some input. Also thanks so much for the service you do on this site.

I am terrified and confused and having someone to talk with who has walked in these shoes is priceless...god sent!!!

Good Night..Lynn

Father Popi (Robert)
    T3N1
  • fredswilma
    fredswilma Member Posts: 185
    Options
    unknown said:

William
    As always you are awesome, you are one of a kind, think of you often.
    Ann
  • annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Options

Thanks so Much William you have settle my heart....
    We will find out tomorrow about if we are done with Rads... Dr Konski sent my fathers case to one of him peers at Chase Fox to get some input. Also thanks so much for the service you do on this site.

I am terrified and confused and having someone to talk with who has walked in these shoes is priceless...god sent!!!

Good Night..Lynn

Father Popi (Robert)
    T3N1

Hi Lynn, my husband Alan,
    Hi Lynn, my husband Alan, T3N1M0 had 23 radiation. So as William say, don't worry it must be sufficient. I know only too well how worrying it is as they stopped Alan's last Chemo due to it's adverse effect and I was concerned he wouldn't have had sufficient to do the job. I was reassured he would be fine. Best wishes to you and your dad.
    Ann(2)
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Options

William
    As always you are awesome, you are one of a kind, think of you often.
    Ann

stopped 2 short
    Hi,
    Due to neutropenic fever completed all my pre op chemo but stopped short of my radiation, drs did not want to do it had to stay in hospital 8 days getting over the neutropenia. And doing fine now. Good luck to you.
    Donna70
  • Fighting4Popi2
    Options
    Donna70 said:

stopped 2 short
    Hi,
    Due to neutropenic fever completed all my pre op chemo but stopped short of my radiation, drs did not want to do it had to stay in hospital 8 days getting over the neutropenia. And doing fine now. Good luck to you.
    Donna70

We are a go for the last 4 Radiation treatments
    After review with the tumor board and peers it was decided that dad was fine to finish his last 4 treaments. 1/23 is the last one... Then recovery, 2 week followup, 4 week tests and 6 week meeting with surgeon. Also a trip to the Keys to relax and recover!!!

God Bless
    Lynn
  • JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    Options

We are a go for the last 4 Radiation treatments
    After review with the tumor board and peers it was decided that dad was fine to finish his last 4 treaments. 1/23 is the last one... Then recovery, 2 week followup, 4 week tests and 6 week meeting with surgeon. Also a trip to the Keys to relax and recover!!!

God Bless
    Lynn

Yay for 1/23 !
    Lynn:

This is very encouraging news and we're praying for your popi that all goes well. Hopefully, you will keep us posted as to the latest and greatest news.

Hope you all get to relax and recover in the Keys with your toes in the sand and the warmth of the sun shining on you daily - you certainly deserve it!

Hugs,
    Judy
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Lynn, I believe I am the
    Lynn, I believe I am the only one on board that wasn't given radiation. My surgeon and others did a study and said there was more harm than benefit in radiation for Ec patients. I don't know about that, but I wasn't given any. I had four rounds of chemo pre surgery and one was started afterwards that had to be stopped because of side effects.
    I was diagnosed T3N2M0 in Nov. 2007 and I am still cancer free.
    I'm praying that what he's had is enough,
    Sandra