I had my mammo today

Options
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
I had my mammo today.I was put through the wringer.Lots of pics.Especially on my left side where the cancer was. The techs even went back and took one more pic on my bad side.When they do that it's scary. I waited and waited.Finally the 2 who took care of me said I am good to go and no more mammos for a year.It would have been every year last July BUT a tumor was found.That tumor was benign.It is being watched.So this was GOOD news.

The receptionist greeted me too on the way out.She asked because we had talked about my journey before I went in.I told her the news was good and the best thing that has happened to me in a long time.Anticipation can get the best of you.My husband went this time and he got worried because it took so long.It was all those pics.BUT they were thorough and things were OK.

My best friend and I talked last night and found out our mammos were today.We've been friends for 56 years.She is a 17 year survivor this year.Me 2 1/2 years.I need to call her back soon. I knew I called her for a reason.ESP.

Wishing all my pink sisters clear mammos and tests. Also those starting the journey and those fighting for the second third etc.time.Prayers to everyone.

Lynn Smith

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Congrats Lynn on your good
    Congrats Lynn on your good news! I agree that there was a reason that you called your friend. All of the pics and the waiting is enough to drive us nuts even before we get our results.

I am so happy for you and now you and your hubby go celebrate!
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yeah!
    Lynn,

Great news, congratulations. It's great to hear good news! Now take a deep breath and relax.

Terry
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Yeah!
    Lynn,

Great news, congratulations. It's great to hear good news! Now take a deep breath and relax.

Terry

Great news Lynn!
    Hugs, Leeza

Great news Lynn!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    It's always great to here
    It's always great to here good news congrats Frankie
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Good
    So glad it went well.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Good
    So glad it went well.

Fantastic news!
    Hugs, Jan

Fantastic news!

Hugs, Jan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Fantastic news!
    Hugs, Jan

Fantastic news!

Hugs, Jan

Great News Lynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

So happy for you, Lynn
    We love good news on this board. Take good care.

Hugs, Renee
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

So happy for you, Lynn
    We love good news on this board. Take good care.

Hugs, Renee

Lynn....
    Great news!! It always makes me happy to hear a " sister's " good news....we all understand the anxiety of tests...

Continued good health to you!
    Hugs, Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Lynn....
    Great news!! It always makes me happy to hear a " sister's " good news....we all understand the anxiety of tests...

Continued good health to you!
    Hugs, Nancy

Lynn .. Congratulations ...
    This is great news ... I am doing my hap hap happy dance for you.

Vicki Sam
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Lynn .. Congratulations ...
    This is great news ... I am doing my hap hap happy dance for you.

Vicki Sam

Great news so happy your
    Great news so happy your news was good news.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Great news so happy your
    Great news so happy your news was good news.

Thank You Everyone
    Thank You everyone.Finally no mammos for a year but not to say I feel a bit apprehensive since I've had 3 benign tumors in the 2 1/2 years since my dx.I'll really need to do those self exams.

I called my friend.She doesn't know anything.They told her she will get the results in 2 weeks.I told her I know something that day. I go to a breast center but even the hospital I go to does it the same way.My friend is having a long wait IMO.She told me she is changing the way it is done.She is checking for another place to get her mammos.I've always made sure I get my results the same day. If something is seen they do a ultrasound and I'm told if I have a tumor cyst or nothing.

Wishing all of you a Healthy,Happy cancer free year.

Lynn Smith