New Treatment

Options
I am getting ready to start Xeloda pills. I take them for 14 days get a week off and then just Avastin for my regular chemo once a month. Has anyone taken Xeloda before? Just wondering what to expect.

Comments

• khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    I was on them at the start
    I was on them at the start of my treatment. They were given to me while I was having radiation to shrink the tumor before surgery. My schedule was one week on, one week off for 6 weeks. I did not experience and problems with the drug whatsoever.
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    khl8 said:

I was on them at the start
    I was on them at the start of my treatment. They were given to me while I was having radiation to shrink the tumor before surgery. My schedule was one week on, one week off for 6 weeks. I did not experience and problems with the drug whatsoever.

hello
    i took those pills in 2008 when i was having radiation.they actually were not to bad.your treatment sounds like something they might put me on after i get finished with this irritatecan and avastin.please keep us updated on how you are doing.all the best.....Godbless.....johnnybegood
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am on them
    I have been taking them since September on the 14 day on 7 day off schedule. I have had very little side effects just some fatigue and occasional diarrhea. It has been very doable and has not interfered with living my life pretty normally. I did not get the hand foot syndrome at all. Unfortunately, my CEA has started to rise again so I will have to switch back to different chemo otherwise I would have stayed on the XEloda.

Hope it works well for you.

Hugs,
    Sara
  • jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi there Judman ...
    is this a maintenance protocol or are you in active treatment?
  • judman92
    judman92 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hi there Judman ...
    is this a maintenance protocol or are you in active treatment?

Hi Jasminsaba
    I am not completely sure if this is going to be maintenance chemo I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I just had a petscan on Friday so I will get the results tomorrow. I just finished my 12 treatment and my CEA keeps going down. When I started chemo my CEA was 635 on the last test it was 2.7 and my Petscan showed my liver mets were 50% better. I pray tomorrow is even better news. I think he is going to give me a break before I start the Xeloda pills but I will find out more tomorrow.