Need your help !

Options
pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Has any of you used the same chemo twice in different periods ? I mean if you have been in folfox successfully , years later in folfiri and it failed after a long period, can you go back to folfox? , did it worked in any of you?.In my case it's been 2.5 years since I'm off folfox.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi Pepe,
    No experience but

Hi Pepe,
    No experience but when discussing chemo after surgery with onc I was thinking since my husband was on Folfox first round that it would automatically be folfuri* next time but he remarked to me that folfox worked so well that he would want to go with that again.
    I wish you well and may GOD bless you.
    Brenda
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    Options
    Me too.....
    Hi Pepe,
    I started off on folfox in 2008, and am currently on folfiri, last week I asked my Onc if possible could I go back on folfox and he said yes. But I did folfox as a preventive kind of cleanup after my surgery to remove tumor. I'm not sure but Im thinking as long as it didn't stop working you can go back on it. I don't know if that helps. Hope your feeling good!
    Aloha
    Donna
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    Options
    Me too.....
    Hi Pepe,
    I started off on folfox in 2008, and am currently on folfiri, last week I asked my Onc if possible could I go back on folfox and he said yes. But I did folfox as a preventive kind of cleanup after my surgery to remove tumor. I'm not sure but Im thinking as long as it didn't stop working you can go back on it. I don't know if that helps. Hope your feeling good!
    Aloha
    Donna
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    pokismom said:

Me too.....
    Hi Pepe,
    Aloha
    Donna

Up
    Bumping up
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Up
    Bumping up

Yes!
    I was on Folfiri 3 seperate times. It worked the first 2 but not so good the 3rd which is why I switched to Vectibix. BUT...1st and 2nd time it wiped out the cancer.

Jennie