Options
2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

2 weeks down!
    It's gonna be a loooooooooooooooong winter. I am already a bit tired but I think it's the drive. I have to travel 30 minutes for a 15 minute appointment. It feels like a long ride for me. Even my jobs were closer than that. HAHA ...

I decided to keep my brothers and sister at a distance. It seems they don't get it and I don't need people who don't get it telling me how I should feel. When I first told them about breast cancer, I was beginning to feel I couldn't get cancer right!

Well, my sister is somewhat persistent. We were on the phone the other night and I felt the need to tell her about the worrisome nodules. BIG MISTAKE! I ended up telling her I couldn't talk anymore and hung up. Then I cried for 2 days. I don't need to go to that dark place and telling her only brought it back to the fore front.

Yes I am still worried about what is going on in my lungs but I was keeping buried until and IF I had to deal with something new. Not sure what to think when someone says "only stage II". I think she meant that cancer probably wouldn't metastasize at this stage. Funny because the radiologist and doctors all seem to thing that is exactly what is going on.

Anyway, I need to keep moving forward and finish rads. My breast is very sensitive right now. I mean it truly hurts at the softest touch. My nipple is now football shaped and brown. I can feel some burning. And I am starting to feel very tired.

OH .. to add to this, I may have torn my cartilage in my left knee. UGH! It hurts like holy hell. I can't put full weight on that knee or straighten it without grimacing in pain. I have an MRI scheduled next Friday. IF I need surgery to fix it, I will wait until radiation is done.

Do you have hobbies? I like to decorate. I was going to be an apprentice at a very prominent decorators building in NYC before cancer. I am still in touch with the VP of Marketing and am hoping to be able to get back on track with my interior design. I love doing this kind of work. I just never thought anyone would care about my designs. I am also an accomplished seamstress. I pray that I can have my cake and eat it too. What have you done for work/fun? Do you have children? Are you going to watch football this weekend? I am a New England Patriots fan! I am from Boston (now living in the metro NY area)

We should have a category for people to talk about their lives before cancer and after. The women on this site are so courageous and strong. Dontcha think????

xoxo
    Mary

We can't wait to celebrate
    We can't wait to celebrate your being a rad grad too! I hope your rads go by quickly for you! Best of luck Mary!

Hugs, Debby
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Sending you all the best
    Sending you all the best with rads too. There is a great post on here that has lots of hints if you want to read it...I can bump it up for you.

Sue :)

Rad Article
    Hey Sue ...

I would love to read the article. Thank you so much!

xoxo
    Mary
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MsGebby said:

I KNOW
    My RO said something to the affect that if I have side effects he wouldn't know which treatment was the culprit. I guess I am OK with this right now because I am going to have blood work every week. It's scary because of the fact that I may have mets. The PET scan did not light up on the other nodules. The 2 that are in question were out of spatial resolution on the PET. The radiologist could not tell if they were lit up or not. Knowing that the others did not light up is giving us all hope that there is no mets. The only reason I had the PET scan is because the thoracic surgeon said they were semi solid. It scares me but I am not the expert. I keep my faith in God that He will guide my doctors to do the right thing.

How are you now? I pray that you are on your way to being happier and healthier in this new year.

xoxo
    Mary

I am joining in with the
    I am joining in with the others in saying good luck with rads!

Hugs, Lex
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MsGebby said:

I KNOW
    My RO said something to the affect that if I have side effects he wouldn't know which treatment was the culprit. I guess I am OK with this right now because I am going to have blood work every week. It's scary because of the fact that I may have mets. The PET scan did not light up on the other nodules. The 2 that are in question were out of spatial resolution on the PET. The radiologist could not tell if they were lit up or not. Knowing that the others did not light up is giving us all hope that there is no mets. The only reason I had the PET scan is because the thoracic surgeon said they were semi solid. It scares me but I am not the expert. I keep my faith in God that He will guide my doctors to do the right thing.

How are you now? I pray that you are on your way to being happier and healthier in this new year.

xoxo
    Mary

I am joining in with the
    I am joining in with the others in saying good luck with rads!

Hugs, Lex
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Rad Article
    Hey Sue ...

I would love to read the article. Thank you so much!

xoxo
    Mary

I just bumped it up for you
    I just bumped it up for you Mary. It is what do you think of offering tips to those just starting rads etc..

I hope it helps you some! Good luck!

Sue :)