Options
2»

Comments

• JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    Options
    TerryV said:

Here's our "class" of 8 and Surgery dates
    Bill and Kim (Kateel) - August 28th, I think - Kim recently lost Bill to aspiration
    Luis and Laura (Laura23) - Aug 30th
    Jeff and Niki (NikiMo) - Sept 6th
    Jeff Thomas (JeffT) - Sept 8th
    Nick and Terry - Sept 8th
    John and Erica (EricaLynn) - Sept 9th
    Michael (Hopper52) - Michael sadly didn't make it to surgery. His cancer was more advanced than anyone realized
    Bob Haze (BobHaze) - early Sept

We were a mix of Stage 1's to Stage 3's. Sadly, I think Michael was actually a Stage 4. I haven't seen much of Jeff Thomas lately. I know he had a rough surgery. Jeff's MIE turned into an Ivor Lewis with an extended hospital stay. But everyone else (other than Michael) had very successful surgeries. and is making a full recovery. Those surgery dates will give you a reference if you want to try and find posts of our "real time" experiences.

It did help to have a large group going through this together. We all bounced ideas off each other and gauged progress against others that went just before. Sure gave us all a sense of security knowing that someone from the group was just ahead and doing well.

I know the same will be true for you and Don. Your journey so far sounds much like ours - and I consider that a good thing. Life is 85% back to normal and getting better every day.

and Yes :) I'm taking good care of me. Behind Nick and behind the littles :) Then me! LOL

Love & Hugs!

Terry

Class of 2011
    Terry!

Thank you so much - that is very handy indeed - I printed this out so I can reference this. Wonder who will be in the class of 2012?

Don and Judy Reed - tbd
    Jerry Wright - tbd
    Freida and Bill - no surgery
    others?
  • Fighting4Popi2
    Fighting4Popi2 Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    JReed said:

Class of 2011
    Terry!

Thank you so much - that is very handy indeed - I printed this out so I can reference this. Wonder who will be in the class of 2012?

Don and Judy Reed - tbd
    Jerry Wright - tbd
    Freida and Bill - no surgery
    others?

Class of 2011
    Fighting4Popi (Robert)-TBD

Chemo ended today:):) He is ready for some much needed rest and strength.

He did tell me that weeks 2-3 of Chemo were the hardest for him. So you guys should be getting close to getting over the hump.

I hope the weather in Michigan holds up for you, much easier to make appointments without snow... Loving thoughts to you and Don.

Lynn
  • JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    Options

Class of 2011

Chemo ended today:):) He is ready for some much needed rest and strength.

He did tell me that weeks 2-3 of Chemo were the hardest for him. So you guys should be getting close to getting over the hump.

I hope the weather in Michigan holds up for you, much easier to make appointments without snow... Loving thoughts to you and Don.

Lynn

Hi Lynn:

Glad the chemo is D-U-N for you guys! Please keep us posted on how Robert is, and you. Especially the pre-op appointments/tests, etc - I like to know what all of 'pioneers' have done so we can compare notes (even though we're graduating in the same class).

So far, we've had an extremely mild winter and I so hope it continues - it sure does make appointments so much easier if you aren't driving on black ice, slushy snow, etc.

Thank you so much for checking on us.

Hugs,
    Judy