IP port

Options
2timothy1 7
2timothy1 7 Member Posts: 345
Anyone have an IP port ? How did you do with chemo through this port? I start chemo next week.

Comments

• taiga
    taiga Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    IP port
    I had one when I had IP with taxol and cisplatin. I'm really thin so they placed it right around my hip bone. It's identicle to my IV port. Don't let IP therapy scare you - it is very doable. You just feel really bloated for awhile afterwards.
  • 2timothy1 7
    Options
    taiga said:

IP port
    I had one when I had IP with taxol and cisplatin. I'm really thin so they placed it right around my hip bone. It's identicle to my IV port. Don't let IP therapy scare you - it is very doable. You just feel really bloated for awhile afterwards.

Thanks. I've been dreading
    Thanks. I've been dreading chemo through this port but I've heard it gives good results.
  • 2timothy1 7
    Options
    taiga said:

IP port

Thanks. I've been dreading
    Thanks. I've been dreading chemo through this port but I've heard it gives good results.
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have
    IV port not sure if it is the same thing but I love my port it is easy to access and because of the cream I put on an hour before being accest there is no pain. hope this helped.

Anne
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

I have
    IV port not sure if it is the same thing but I love my port it is easy to access and because of the cream I put on an hour before being accest there is no pain. hope this helped.

Anne

loved mine
    I loved mine and it was very easy to access
  • paris11
    paris11 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    azgrandma said:

loved mine
    I loved mine and it was very easy to access

IP PORT

I have an IP Port. I have not had any problems with the port. I had dose dense and IP chemo. I feel fine.

Onc-stat published an article recently about IP. IP has had great results.

Best wishes.

Connie