Came back to say hello and thank you

jewels5
jewels5 Member Posts: 57
edited January 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello,

I finished up chemo in August, radiation in October, and started Tamoxifen in November. I didn't post all that much compared to most of you here, but I did read a lot of your posts. Thank you for the support you did provide me when I asked for it.

I am so very grateful to all of you for the strength you gave me, and am so grateful that the cancer is behind me. I don't know if we ever lose the fear of it coming back again? Right now I'm kind of in the stage of feeling overwhelmed by what to eat/what not to eat, etc. I pray for all my pink sisters out there that we will all stay strong in faith and hope during all of our different needs. Thanks again for all of your support.

Hugs,
Julie

Comments

• Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Julie
    I'm happy the worst is over and you are a survivor.I didn't have chemo or radiation. I am sure it is scary.I have friends who've lived over 16 years with BC. Stage 3 with some node involvement.At that time I was fearful for them but things are working out. Now it is me with BC. A 2 1/2 year survivor.Like you I am overwhelmed.I'm going in circles. Life is not like it was before. I wonder at times when I will feel comfortable or will I ever??? In our local paper whenever someone passes with BC it says "she fought a long battle".Wonder what they think long is??? I may be older than many on here but my hopes are being a 30 year survivor.My niece was dx at 30.I hope for her and any others dx that young live 60 years. Just our life isn't as predictable as it was before.We know we have a life threatening disease that can come back.We just don't when or will it ever?????

I believe someday it will be better for us.My friends seem more comfortable after 16 years or more. My mom was a 60 year survivor and not once did she seem worried.She had me 6 years after her dx.AND I am the one who has the gene. Her dx was at 21.I had my first benign tumors at 20. I also had other problems through the years with tumors and cysts.Then 42 years later was my cancer dx. Stage 0 DCIS.

Wishing you the best.

Lynn Smith
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Hi Julie! We are always
    Hi Julie! We are always here to support you and this site is such a gift to all of us!

Best of luck to you,

Lex
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Congrats!
    Hi Julie -- Welcome back! :) Congrats on finishing treatments. I've been on tamoxifen since August. I feel much better with the side effects. I had terrible hot flashes, pains, depression, but all gone now. If you experience anything, don't give up...it gets better. It will be better for you too.

Here to a healthy life full of happiness for you.