Options
2»

Comments

• AndreaLN
    AndreaLN Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Alexis F said:

I would like to welcome you
    I would like to welcome you too Andrea, even though I am sorry that you are here. I am HER2-, so, I don't have any answers for you inre to Herceptin.

I do wish you the best of luck!

Hugs, Lex

Thank you
    Lex,

I would like to thank you for the welcome. As you say it is a bad reason to meet new people but I think I am going to be happy that I have found yall.

Andrea
  • AndreaLN
    Options
    Alexis F said:

I would like to welcome you
    I would like to welcome you too Andrea, even though I am sorry that you are here. I am HER2-, so, I don't have any answers for you inre to Herceptin.

I do wish you the best of luck!

Hugs, Lex

Thank you
    Lex,

I would like to thank you for the welcome. As you say it is a bad reason to meet new people but I think I am going to be happy that I have found yall.

Andrea
  • AndreaLN
    Options
    Muschi said:

Andrea
    thank you for your reply. Did you change your diet since you are on Herception? I try to eat more healthy food, like more greens and fruits. I bought me a blender to make some healthy smoothies. I also have a terrific Juicer one of the best, but it takes so much time to clean it up after each use and I am tired of it. Smoothies much faster and I guess it does its job,nutrion and so on.
    Please let me know how you feel about a healthy diet.
    Ilona

Diet
    llona,

I have changed my eating habits alot in the last 4 months but it is not only because of the cancer it is also because I came home from Afghanistan/Iraq where the food is not so good. I lived on green salad 2 meals a day (some fruit) and for breakfast I would eat a bowl of ceral or toast.

I am a vegeterian I am not fond of meat at all. I have a hard time getting enough protein. I have also had gastric bypass 8 years ago so that makes it even harder. I do try to eat alot of veggies, greens and seafood. I have also noticed since being on Herception that my tastes have changed on some things. I used to love a cold diet coke on ice now I have to drink it hot, and there are several other differences.

I feel a healthy diet is wonderful but it also feel that it is a persons choice on what is healthy to them. The person knows their body better than anyone and they should not always listen to what people call the norm on it. If that makes sense to you.

Andrea
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    AndreaLN said:

Thank you
    I want to thank you all for making me feel welcome to the group. I did speak with my doctor yesterday and he said he had never heard of anyone loosing their hair on herceptin. I know my hair is falling out and it wasnt doing it until I started that drug. I was also put on the drug Anstrozole. They said I would feel bone aches with this but that it could also make my hair fall out but not as likely as the other pill drug they recommend for HER2+. The doctor I actually saw yesterday as a stand in as my doctor is on maternity leave and wont return until Feb. The stand in doctor tried to explain to me again that radiation is a common part of treatment and wanted to reeducate me on it. I explained to him that my mind was made up on not having radiation. That they better figure out how to keep me from reaccurance again with drug therapy. Thats how my day went. I have to go today and see the plastic surgeon again. We put 300cc of saline in my expander the other day (a bit painful) and I have to go see if we are going to add more (dont think I will let him).

I sure hope yall all have a wonderful day... time for me to get dressed and head out...

huggz to all

I am late in saying hi and
    I am late in saying hi and welcome Andrea, so, I apologize. Wishing you good luck with your treatments.

Hugs, Megan
  • AndreaLN
    Options
    Megan M said:

I am late in saying hi and
    I am late in saying hi and welcome Andrea, so, I apologize. Wishing you good luck with your treatments.

Hugs, Megan

Hello
    Good Morning Megan,

Please do not apologize, I know everyone has lives outside of cancer. I do appreciate you welcoming me to the board.

hugzz
    Andrea