ovarian cysts ---already a breast cancer patient

Options
lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
I am a breast cancer patient on CSN, but wonder if anyone had ovarian cysts that led to a
dx of cancer?

They are "watching them" for 8 weeks, and I do not wait well. :(

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks, Carol

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Cysts
    It took my doctors 3 months to figure out my diagnosis. But my first ultrasound showed a 5 cm "something" on my ovary. After a D & C, a follow up ultrasound showed that it had reduced to 2 cm. After they figured out what was going on and I had surgery, the pathology report shows that I had endometriosis in that ovary, but that was a separate issue from the ovarian cancer. So, I don't know if the ultrasound was showing a tumor or a cyst, but it's likely that it was showing a cyst. Have they done a CA-125 blood test? In hindsight, I know my previous doctor would have run that test, based entirely on the first ultrasound.
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I had PCOS so I always had
    I had PCOS so I always had ovarian cysts. They ignored pains and the like from me concerning the cysts. It was par for the course with PCOS.

The thing that sucks with the OVC is that if the cysts are cancerous and the biopsy is done by needle....it can puncture whatever is holding in the cancer and you go from whatever stage you might have been to a higher stage.

My intial diagnosis came from a radiologist who knew what he was looking at. He diagnosed me in less than 30 minutes with just a pelvic ultrasound. He could not tell me what type of cancer it was...beyond it being cancer. Though mine was a complete solid tumor the size of a grapefruit with it's own blood source. Kind of hard to get that one wrong.
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

I had PCOS so I always had
    I had PCOS so I always had ovarian cysts. They ignored pains and the like from me concerning the cysts. It was par for the course with PCOS.

The thing that sucks with the OVC is that if the cysts are cancerous and the biopsy is done by needle....it can puncture whatever is holding in the cancer and you go from whatever stage you might have been to a higher stage.

My intial diagnosis came from a radiologist who knew what he was looking at. He diagnosed me in less than 30 minutes with just a pelvic ultrasound. He could not tell me what type of cancer it was...beyond it being cancer. Though mine was a complete solid tumor the size of a grapefruit with it's own blood source. Kind of hard to get that one wrong.

No Ovarian Cysts
    Carol,

I don't have any experience with ovarian cysts but please know that I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers that you don't have ovarian cancer. I know the waiting is torture.

Hugs,

Kelly