Hiding :(

Options
Radioactive34
Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
A friend is dying of OVC. She is hospitalized and not expected to live more than a few days. She was diagnosed at about the same time I was....less than a year ago.

I have been hiding in my apartment most of the day. I had not been wanting to turn on the computer to see any updates. I have spent most of the day sticking my head in the sand. I know it changes nothing.

I know that she and her family are in the midst of everything and I am a periphery. It is just when you have personal experience with OVC, each loss is felt. It does not matter whether you knew them intimately or were someone you knew of. It is enough to turn our, or at least my world a little grayer.

It also strengthens my resolve to make each day count more....it is just that you need a break between losses.....hell no more losses would be optimal. It is a gorgeous day here. I may just go out and sit in the sun for a bit. Enjoy the sunshine while I can and pray for her.

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I'm sorry
    I wish I had the words to comfort you. Yes, each loss if cuts us to the quick. I also had a friend who passed away from OVCA. She was diagnosed six months after me and she is a big reason why I fight so hard to enjoy life. I feel like I'm doing it for both of us... does that make any sense?
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'M SO SORRY. . .
    for your friend, her family, AND you. How true, that no matter our relationship with someone, it affects us when they are going to be called Home. And yes, it tends to strengthen and solidify my 'live as each moment is the last' belief.

We have sunshine here today also - I will soak up some rays and enjoy it's warmth when I leave the office today. And as of now I will pray for your friend, her family and you, that you may all find peace in this part of the journey.

Love, hugs and prayers,
    Monika
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    mopar said:

I'M SO SORRY. . .
    for your friend, her family, AND you. How true, that no matter our relationship with someone, it affects us when they are going to be called Home. And yes, it tends to strengthen and solidify my 'live as each moment is the last' belief.

We have sunshine here today also - I will soak up some rays and enjoy it's warmth when I leave the office today. And as of now I will pray for your friend, her family and you, that you may all find peace in this part of the journey.

Love, hugs and prayers,
    Monika

I am so sorry
    It is always hard to lose a friend and alwys scary to hear of another woman losing the battle to ov/ca. I think you have the right idea. We have all learned how precious life is and have a resolve to at least try to make the most of each day we have.

Karen
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    I am so sorry
    I am so sorry. I tend to do the same thing. It hurts me so bad when we lose someone. Just recently when Rockerchick (Donna) lost her battle, it got me again. It is so hard. But I regroup and then I go at it again. My lastest treatment was on Tues after Christmas and this is the first day that I have felt like a human again. It was a beautiful day here and I sat out in the sun. They tell me not to get in the sun but I did today. I was only out there for about 20 minutes. It felt so good. God made the sun and I thanked him for it.

((((hugs))))
    Linda
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    clamryn said:

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry. I tend to do the same thing. It hurts me so bad when we lose someone. Just recently when Rockerchick (Donna) lost her battle, it got me again. It is so hard. But I regroup and then I go at it again. My lastest treatment was on Tues after Christmas and this is the first day that I have felt like a human again. It was a beautiful day here and I sat out in the sun. They tell me not to get in the sun but I did today. I was only out there for about 20 minutes. It felt so good. God made the sun and I thanked him for it.

((((hugs))))
    Linda

I didn't know about
    Rockchick. I am so sorry. It got me to thinking about a few others that I haven't seen posting recently. I don't want to list their names because maybe they are just taking a break but it is worrisome. I hope they are all alright.

Karen
  • Radioactive34
    Options
    Wings for our Teal Sister
    My friend past away a couple of hours ago. Totally sucks...so I continue to march forward into our OVC war.
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options

Wings for our Teal Sister
    My friend past away a couple of hours ago. Totally sucks...so I continue to march forward into our OVC war.

I am so sorry to hear about
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are doing well. I see it's been a few days. How are you holding up?
  • Radioactive34
    Options
    jbeans888 said:

I am so sorry to hear about
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are doing well. I see it's been a few days. How are you holding up?

:)
    Thank you for asking. I just finished seeing her tribute on You Tube. It was beautiful. It was a literal celebration of her life. When I pass I would love that type of celebration. No funeral homes, no viewings, .....just a bbq with my friends and family.