Holding steady....

Options
ABC321
ABC321 Member Posts: 52
edited January 2012 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hi all,
My partner James (42 years old Stage 4 EC) completed his second round of chemo and another PET prior to Christmas. (the first round included radio). We made the call not to get the results of the PET until after Christmas....why risk ruining a perfectly good time with the family!! The results show that the mets to distant lymph nodes have gone and the primary has also shrunk. There is still one damn met to the liver...not growing, not going! The next round of chemo is booked for later this month, and James is still considering his options in Germany and Japan. James weight is also now on the increase having plunged by 35% over the past 5 months since diagnosis. Eating is only mildly uncomfortable, and as James says he needs to be careful not to eat too quickly 'just in case'.
PS..we had a fantastic Christmas break with the kids and I am now back at work! James is thinking of returing to work shortly for a few days a week ....things are feeling ok and i almost forget what we're facing sometimes...
Love to all,
Steve

Comments

• JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a good
    Glad to hear you had a good holiday Steve. It sounds like James is having a favorable response to the chemo which is great!

Take care!
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Great News!!!
    Steve,

Good to hear things are going well with the chemotherapy. Glad to hear Christmas was a happy one.
    The fact that James is thinking or returning to work even on a limited basis is really quite an accomplishment. Hope things continue to go in a positive direction.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Options
    paul61 said:

Great News!!!
    Steve,

Good to hear things are going well with the chemotherapy. Glad to hear Christmas was a happy one.
    The fact that James is thinking or returning to work even on a limited basis is really quite an accomplishment. Hope things continue to go in a positive direction.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

So Glad James is stable
    Also glad you all had a great Christmas. I have had a small spot in my liver now for 21 months. It has gotten no larger or smaller. Just sits there and is not causing any trouble. My liver function and liver enzymes are perfectly normal. I guess the non stop chemo keeps the liver at bay. It's good that James is thinking of getting back to work if only on a part time basis. That will give him something to focus on besides his health. Keep us posted on how things are going. Sam
  • Cora11
    Cora11 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    sangora said:

So Glad James is stable
    Also glad you all had a great Christmas. I have had a small spot in my liver now for 21 months. It has gotten no larger or smaller. Just sits there and is not causing any trouble. My liver function and liver enzymes are perfectly normal. I guess the non stop chemo keeps the liver at bay. It's good that James is thinking of getting back to work if only on a part time basis. That will give him something to focus on besides his health. Keep us posted on how things are going. Sam

wonderful news
    Very happy to hear that the treatment is working and that James is feeling well enough to consider going back to work. I'd say that sounds like a very good and healthy response. Anytime you forget about cancer for a bit and get into a familiar routine, I think that is just so healthy and reminds us that the cancer isn't controlling everything in your life anymore. I haven't met you guys before on the site. MY names Cora. My husband Keith just had surgery 6 weeks ago, so I'm still a newbie sort of. Do you live in Europe ? Best wishes,
    Cora
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options
    Glad to hear you had good holidays!
    Happy New Year, Steve!

Wonderful news that you guys have found a somewhat "normal" life again. Even better that James is hoping to return part-time to work. Staring at one's own navel lint for too long can drive you stir crazy. That's my way of saying - moving the focus to something other than his health issues is a wonderful idea :)

Hope things continue to go well. Hooray for a good PET! Keep good news coming :)

Love & Hugs,

Terry