ROLL CALL 2012 - CLOSED. NEW THREAD STARTED

Options

Comments

• timreichhart
    timreichhart Member Posts: 194
    Options
    Fire34 said:

Checking In
    26 months out now, starting annual checkups, CT this month, so far so good everyone here knows about the new normal, that is where I am at as far as swalowing etc. Wishes & Prayers for those starting this journey
    Dave

I am still around and checking in
    I am still kicking around and still cancer free but still dealing with lung problems and lightness all the time and neck and shoulder problems but other then that checking in for 2012.
  • KristynRuth
    KristynRuth Member Posts: 21
    Options

I am still around and checking in
    I am still kicking around and still cancer free but still dealing with lung problems and lightness all the time and neck and shoulder problems but other then that checking in for 2012.

Not new, but never enrolled!!
    Hello! I didn't realize I had never enrolled!

Well I'm from TX, I was diagnosed May 5, 2010 with squamous cell carcinoma of a lymphnode, unknown primary. I underwent 7 weeks of radiation and 2 Cisplatin chemos. Finished treatments Oct 25, 2010 and am by most standards "cured" now!
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Not new, but never enrolled!!
    Hello! I didn't realize I had never enrolled!

Well I'm from TX, I was diagnosed May 5, 2010 with squamous cell carcinoma of a lymphnode, unknown primary. I underwent 7 weeks of radiation and 2 Cisplatin chemos. Finished treatments Oct 25, 2010 and am by most standards "cured" now!

I made It.....
    After losing my job and all,I was rehired, I have a great boss that works me a few days, and I get dissability, all I can do, I am moving on with life finally, do to my good bud...try bike riding, and can do this, so every step is small but positive, they 60 percent in the good no tumors, or reoccurence...go back in February for my check-up..Take Care Everyone. Dennis In Tennesee
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Checking In
    kcass- PS/CT in 4/11 and CT in 10/11- all is good. NPC w/PEG and Port, treatment from 2-4/09, still dealing with teeth issues and neck spasms, and life post-tx is very much all right.

kcass
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Checking In
    kcass- PS/CT in 4/11 and CT in 10/11- all is good. NPC w/PEG and Port, treatment from 2-4/09, still dealing with teeth issues and neck spasms, and life post-tx is very much all right.

kcass

Thank you
    Thank you for checking back in or enrolling for the first time. I have updated the list up to the last posting by Kent Class. I used to update every six months, but reporting once each year will suffice in updating our roster. Happy New Year to all. Johnny
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    Puggle said:

Enrolling
    Thanks for doing this!

Caregiver to husband
    State - Pennsylvania
    DX - June 2011
    Primary epiglottis with node involvement (1 side)
    Completed 32 rads and 3 chemo (cisplatin) Aug 2011
    First scan post treatment shows NED
    2nd scan scheduled mid Jan. 2012
    Still dealing with side effects of treatment - Kidney damage and peripheral neuropathy

Finally enrolling
    Robin caregiver to Andy
    Alabama
    Diagnosed January 2011 - SCC primary tonsil
    Surgery / Cisplatin / 30 rads
    Metastasis to pelvic region bone
    Currently in clinical trial
    Fighting hard!
  • tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Thank you
    Thank you for checking back in or enrolling for the first time. I have updated the list up to the last posting by Kent Class. I used to update every six months, but reporting once each year will suffice in updating our roster. Happy New Year to all. Johnny

Checking In
    Name: Tom D
    City: Las Vegas, NV
    Diagnosed Oct 2011 with Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma.
    Tumor on base of tongue removed Nov 9th 2011
    Scheduled for radical/modified neck dissection on Jan 11th 2012
    Depending on the pathology of my right neck lymph node, I may or may not start RT afterwards.
  • davidgskinner
    davidgskinner Member Posts: 81
    Options

Checking In
    Name: Tom D
    City: Las Vegas, NV
    Diagnosed Oct 2011 with Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma.
    Tumor on base of tongue removed Nov 9th 2011
    Scheduled for radical/modified neck dissection on Jan 11th 2012
    Depending on the pathology of my right neck lymph node, I may or may not start RT afterwards.

Here
    Doing ok...ned still. The side effects are discouraging and I have to admit to living with a lot of depression these days. Seeing professionals, working, trying to stay busy...thanks for keping the list up to date. May we all be here a long, long time.
    David
  • RayTodd
    RayTodd Member Posts: 187
    Options

Here
    Doing ok...ned still. The side effects are discouraging and I have to admit to living with a lot of depression these days. Seeing professionals, working, trying to stay busy...thanks for keping the list up to date. May we all be here a long, long time.
    David

Still here
    Annoying people as much as I can hehe
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    RayTodd said:

Still here
    Annoying people as much as I can hehe

Trying to enroll properly
    Robin caregiver to Andy
    Montgomery,Alabama
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011 - SCC primary tonsil
    Surgery/3 cycles cisplatin/30 rads
    Fighting hard!
  • pascotty
    pascotty Member Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Trying to enroll properly
    Robin caregiver to Andy
    Montgomery,Alabama
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011 - SCC primary tonsil
    Surgery/3 cycles cisplatin/30 rads
    Fighting hard!

Pascotty
    All checked in again. 2 years and 3 month survivor as of 7 January 2012 woo friggin whoooo xxxx
  • jeepman
    jeepman Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Not on the list
    Hi,

My name is Mike and I joined the forum on April 21, 2011. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Head and Neck SCC. Primary right tonsil/BOT, neck dissection following rads showed NED. Four months post treatment had abcess in neck under dissection scar. More scans to follow.

Mike
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    jeepman said:

Not on the list
    Hi,

My name is Mike and I joined the forum on April 21, 2011. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Head and Neck SCC. Primary right tonsil/BOT, neck dissection following rads showed NED. Four months post treatment had abcess in neck under dissection scar. More scans to follow.

Mike

Not on list
    Denistd, diagnosed March 2009 laryngeal cancer stage 3, still going strong
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    jeepman said:

Not on the list
    Hi,

Mike

Not on list
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    denistd said:

Not on list

Checking in.....
    and doing quite well.
  • stevenl
    stevenl Member Posts: 587
    Options

Checking in.....
    and doing quite well.

Still Here
    And also doing well.
  • Bigfuzzydoug
    Bigfuzzydoug Member Posts: 154
    Options
    BFD is in da house and ROCKIN'!
    Remissia-partying! I'm doing OK. A little better than OK. Since I'm fully able to eat again, I went a bit overboard. Put ALL of the 17 pounds I lost in treatment back on and I'm just as big as ever. Now at the gym trying to burn it off.

My book is going through some final edits before fishinh it around to literary agents and I'm excited that 2012 will be a kick-****, AWESOME year for ALL OF US! Health, properity, hapiness and lots of laughs are in store for us all. I can feel it!!!
  • sukichu61832
    sukichu61832 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Enrolling
    Live in Danville, Illinois
    DX: 9/9/11 Stage 3 SCC left tonsil.
    Surgery to remove left tonsil on 10/4/11 along with neck dissection with 36 nodes removed (only one node involved).
    Started radiation in November 2011, still have four more treatments. Lost a lot of weight due to the surgery and the radiation. NO CHEMO. Have issues with left shoulder/arm due to the surgery.
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Not on list
    Sorry... Would respond but neither of us are on your list.. Where does it come from?

Robinleigh...caregiver
    Andy...survivor

never enrolled
    I guess I never enrolled
    diagnosed Oct. 2010. Stage 4 base of tongue and 3 lymph nodes. 35 radiation treatments and 6 chemos. Last treatment on 12/18/10. PEG tube removed July 2011 and doing fine. PET scan coming up on the 19th of this month. Grateful to be alive and grateful for this group..nwasen aka toughcookie
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Enrolling
    Live in Danville, Illinois
    DX: 9/9/11 Stage 3 SCC left tonsil.
    Surgery to remove left tonsil on 10/4/11 along with neck dissection with 36 nodes removed (only one node involved).
    Started radiation in November 2011, still have four more treatments. Lost a lot of weight due to the surgery and the radiation. NO CHEMO. Have issues with left shoulder/arm due to the surgery.

State; Ohio
    oops