Options
2»

Comments

• Kickingcancersasss
    Kickingcancersasss Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2017 #22
    Options
    It worked for me

I have never liked the way Pot made me feel and hadn't smoked but once or twice in 30 yrs: however, when my neuropathy pain was at its worst, I tried it, and it worked Wonderfully.  I tried every legal med before that and nothing even worked a little. I smoked a little at night before bed for several months until my pain lessened with lyrica.  All I can say is it worked for me and I would/will start again should the pain come back and I don't give a F..k what anyone says about it be illegal. Etc.  Being Stage 4 I could really care less about the legalities of it.  Peace out!

Bill Baraby

• cmpitts001
    cmpitts001 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2017 #23
    Options
    pretty expensive

I have checked into the Marinol pills and oils and all that stuff is pretty pricey. My husband's weight has stabilized now at 122 up from the lowest at 118 because of he has no appetite and chemo making everything taste nasty. He cannot smoke or inhale anything since his esophagectomy so pot is out. We asked his onc about Marinol and he wasn't positive about it at all. He gave him something else that one of the side effects was that it supposedly stimulated your appetite. He tried taking it for a week but it made him moody and angry so he quit taking it. Medical marijuana is not legal in our state of Kansas or Missouri where the clinic is so he has not tried it but they can prescribe marinol. Besides trying to get the doctor to prescribe it then there is the expense and it is very expensive. He only has part A and B medicare and VA benefits for meds. So unless his VA doc can give it to him cheaper we don't know. He can get morphine for pain through them but chooses not to take it yet.

• Cmhunni
    Cmhunni Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017 #24
    Options
    CBD oil is made from hemp

CBD oil is made from hemp plants but contains no THC so it should be available at health food stores in all states. You can order it online, Google it. My other half has stage IV ec and has had 10 sessions of chemo with no pain, anxiety or nausea. Been using the oil faithfully.

• frogclanman
    frogclanman Member Posts: 1
    Options
    My cannabis experience

Hello everyone,

I am a lifetime marijuana smoker, and I have always enjoyed it. I didn't get legal until a 2 cancer diagnosis in 2013 (colorectal & prostate). Very different looking at it for medicinal use. Getting through radiation/chemo would have been much tougher without it. Definitely helped with nausea, appetite, anxiety, sleep, and some for pain. Like any other drug, it is not for everyone, though I recommend it for the reasons I've mentioned. You never know if this is the miracle you've been looking for! Personally I don't know anything about the synthetics or alternatives.

Just started the journey for EC, and won't find out the details for 3 more days. I plan to use MMJ this time, like I did last time. Best wishes for all of us!!