post rad dental care

Options
2»

Comments

• ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Mr. Ricky,
    You've clearly done a bunch of reading on HBO. I didn't know about the twice daily treatment. That would have saved me time when I went through it. Do you have a reference you could share?
    I'm likely to have to undergo HBO again next year, so I'm going to start getting prepared.

Also, if I get a tooth extracted without HBO and just get "close follow-up," how do they decide when healing is faulty enough to warrant HBO intervention, post extraction? And am I taking additional risk by doing it this way as opposed to just going ahead in advance of extraction and getting the treatment?

I have heard the implant thing from the dental hygienist at the dental school in St Louis. It's probably not for me as I've reabsorbed quite a bit of mandible since my original treatment 13 years ago.

Hope things are going well for you.

pat

Link isn't working
    I spent an hour trying to post a link but just can't get it done. I'll send you an email. it's a long serious of abstracts about everything medical HBO related to head and neck cancer. Anyone else interested let me know.
  • bradofcanada
    bradofcanada Member Posts: 6
    Options
    ratface said:

Link isn't working
    I spent an hour trying to post a link but just can't get it done. I'll send you an email. it's a long serious of abstracts about everything medical HBO related to head and neck cancer. Anyone else interested let me know.

I seen this and thought id post
    I seen this and thought id post.I have already had 18 Hyperbolic chamber treatments and will have one more before I get all my teeth out in one shot.After that I get 10 more treatments.That is the standard treatments in Ontario,Canada.20 before and 10 after.I have posted a pic of me in the chamber if you click my name you can see it in there.