January 2, 2009

Options
2»

Comments

• luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    WHAT A MILESTONE JOHN
    John, you have achieved a great milestone / anniversary. 2 years definitely increses your %'s going forward.

I am glad to have met you and you have inspired me along the way.

BEST!!

Mike
  • olybee
    olybee Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Congratulations & Thank YOU
    I have to say first, congratulations on still hanging in here and being a survivor who offers support. I know that you always seem to offer sound, intelligent advice, and I can speak from my own experience that when someone is new to the whole C scare,the most important thing is to feel like you have a connection with people who have been through the horror and live to tell what they've learned. So for that I say again, "thank you" and please hang in here.
    Happy New Year, and here's to many, many more!
    - kathy
  • olivia46
    olivia46 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Superthread
    Congratulations!

Thank you so much for showing me the link of superthread. I learned a lot to prepare myself for radiation therapy which will start next week.

Have a happy, healthy 2012.

olivia
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    John
    You my friend are of great value to everyone; your kind words and great advice will always be needed by someone. I am off doing other things now that I have forgotten about for the last 9 years because of my cancer, wow it’s been that long. I may not post as much as I once did but for some reason I feel the need to look in all the time, because my heart is still here on CSN with everyone.

It is not always in the great advice that we give someone, it is just being able to reach out and touch them when needed that counts. It is being able to feel when someone is hurting and say a kind word to lift them up and give them hope when there seams to be no hope. Our Doctors do a good job of doom and gloom but here we find friendship and compassion for someone else who we don’t even know, but yet we all feel like family. I believe that is what CSN is all about not just good advice but love for each other.

I lost a friend a few days ago to Cancer; he left behind a Wife and two children, sometime there are no words to say but just being there for those who have been left behind.

Congratulations on your 3 year and praying that you have many many more

Thank you John for being a friend
    Tim Hondo
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

"At times I question if I am
    "At times I question if I am of still of value here, do I still have anything to offer or do I make a difference."

Yes, and yes. Dude, you are like my wing man. :)

You and I are pretty much about the same time frame. I heard my words in December, though. Its the anniversary of my neck dissection next week. I cannot even believe it will be three years.

Glad you are still here after three years. And glad you stick around on CSN, too. Though, you would think I'd get enough of you on FB. Apparently, I'm a sucker for punishment. :D JK, JK. I need to pay you guys back for all the duck jokes.

QUACK!

Come Fly with Me......
    LOL, still working on the duck I see.....quack, quack....OK, fowl, I know...LOL.

You only get punished by me here....on FB you get tag teamed by both Shelley and myself..bawawahahaha.

You and all my abi-sisters have a great relationship and bond....

I do enjoy giving back and hope to make the journey easier for others.

JG
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Pam M said:

Of COURSE You're Still Relevant
    But I know what you mean - I post less frequently than I used to - but still toss in my two cents' worth from time to time. Three years - great!

Sometimes I feel that there are many others here who are better suited to reply to posts - fine - low pressure for me. I still toss in my two cents' worth from time to time.

Still dig your words of wisdom, kindness, and "hope and humor" (thx, Joe). And it's very handy for me to be able to say "I had the same chemos and rads as Skiffin", instead of going through it all. Just sayin'.

I think it's important for folks to see "old" guys here - adds a lot to their experience.

Keep truckin.

Old Guys...LOL
    The movie "Grumpy Old Men" comes to mind....LOL

Though I do tend to pride myself at being the grumpy old man my grandfather was while I was growing up....

LOL, I finally "get it", why he was like he was and the fun he had with it.

JG
  • Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    your help
    Your comments have helped me and I am sure many others who are just starting their cancer journey. I am in week 3 of my chemo treatments and having no problems. The Erbitux gives me pimples on my face, but everything else is ok. Radiation starts in 3 weeks and I suspect will be a lot harder. Hope you are around when I start having problems!

Thanks for all you comments!

Ann
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Crazymom said:

your help
    Your comments have helped me and I am sure many others who are just starting their cancer journey. I am in week 3 of my chemo treatments and having no problems. The Erbitux gives me pimples on my face, but everything else is ok. Radiation starts in 3 weeks and I suspect will be a lot harder. Hope you are around when I start having problems!

Thanks for all you comments!

Ann

Not Going Anywhere....
    Ann, thanks...

As for the chemo giving you pimples....if you are getting dosed with any other chemo, you might just go completely through puberty again, LOL....

When I was getting the initial doses of cisplatin, Taxotere and 5FU...I lost all of my hair.... I mean completely.

LOL, that was definitely like going through puberty again. My wife and I got quite the laugh.

But of course, those old pesky gray hairs that grow in all of the wrong places, and that I wished wouldn't come back. Ell those of course were the first to return, LOL...

JG