Anyone have Non- Hodgkin 4th stage lymphoma

2»

Comments

• trustinJesus
    trustinJesus Member Posts: 59
    po18guy said:

Thank you!
    Thank you so much for your prayers, as they are the thread by which my life hangs. Doctor, who is not a religious man, calls my case a miracle, and we know who performs miracles! Odds were against my finishing 2008, then again in 2009 when I relapsed. Yet, here I am in 2012, approaching 4 years post Dx. Amen!

What type of treatment did you have?
    What kind of treatment did you have in the trial that made your cancer go into remission? My dad had a clean pet scan two months ago at the half way mark and now its back. He goes Tuesday to get an intense chemo treatment and he has to stay in the hospital for 4-5 days(not sure yet on the name of treatment)to monitor him. Later down the road a stem cell transplant. We were crushed. Its seem really aggressive. It seemed like rchop worked for a little bit and then the cancer just overpowered it. I am feeling overwhelmed and depressed. I just keep praying and putting my trust in Jesus.
  • po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member

What type of treatment did you have?
    What kind of treatment did you have in the trial that made your cancer go into remission? My dad had a clean pet scan two months ago at the half way mark and now its back. He goes Tuesday to get an intense chemo treatment and he has to stay in the hospital for 4-5 days(not sure yet on the name of treatment)to monitor him. Later down the road a stem cell transplant. We were crushed. Its seem really aggressive. It seemed like rchop worked for a little bit and then the cancer just overpowered it. I am feeling overwhelmed and depressed. I just keep praying and putting my trust in Jesus.

I had Peripheral T-Cell Unspecified
    For the record, I received four dose-intensive cycles of CHOEP (aka EPOCH: cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, etoposide, vincristine and prednisone) over two months. Per the plan, it was then stopped and immediately replaced with four additional cycles of dose-intensive GVD (Gemcitabine, vinorelbine, and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin). This was a strategic regimen designed to disable a rapidly mutating T-Cell lymphoma. In my case, it provided a complete response, but I still relapsed immediately. What was left at that time was in-patient "salvage therapy." While we were discussing that, a clinical trial aimed at relapsed PTCL opened up. I went onto a novel non-chemo HDAC inhibitor that put me back in complete response. Unfortunately, there is no protocol that I am aware of to use this regimen against a B-Cell malignancy (or any evidence that it would be effective). However, there are certainly options available for relapsed B-Cell disease.
  • Glen G
    Glen G Member Posts: 2
    treandra treatment
    I can get past the metal tasting juices & the fatique but i'm now battling with rashes..don't know if it's caused by the treandra or my body not having the strength to battle this problem...