Dear Eward

Options
antcat
antcat Member Posts: 270
Thank you so much for asking about me. I've had several problems since October. Was rushed to hospital & alot of pain & after a CT scan found out I had a partial bowel obstruction due to adhesions/scar tissue & tumors on bowel. I was in hospital for 7 days & with diet, it resolved, but primary care doc told me that it would come back anytime. It did, although I wasn't hospitalized, on 12/23 and I just watched what I ate. I started on Alimta on 11/22 which I find to be very rough. It has affected my blood counts, and I'm anemic & have a low iron level (not that bad though). Because I ran a low grade fever for 10 days after my 2nd treatment of Alimta & due to fact that I'm anemic, my primary care doc did some blood culture tests which were negative and a stool test which showed a trace amount of blood. He said he needed to find out where the blood was coming from, it could be an ulcer, from the tumors pressing on the bowel, the coumadin I was on or the combination of coumadin & chemo. I have been very, tired and am going for a colonoscopy/upper endoscopy on 1/3, so we'll see. Hopefully, it's nothing.

Will let you all know.

P.S. My CA 125 has also been rising, although oncologist told me it's normal. it's 26.5 & went up 7 pts since October. I told the oncologist that even though it's normal, for me that's not normal, but he said it's still normal.