Hard to post about recurrance

Options
Bob's esophagus had not been staying open so he has been having stretches every few weeks. He had biopsies every so often, even when everything looked ok. Well, the pathology came back yesterday from his stretch and scope the previous Friday and is positive for recurrent cancer at the site of the anastomosis. A second opinion is being done on the biopsies at a different facility just to be absolutely sure as they said there can sometimes be misdiagnosis of pathology. He had some ulcerastions from the stretching also at the site. Getting a plan in place for new tests, oncologist, and whatever else we need to do. The wait is so hard. Linda

Bob's dx 3/31/10 T3N1M0
chemo/radiation
Robotic MIE 8/16/10
Staging at surgery T2N1M0
Follow up chemo
NED up until now

Comments

• ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    Options
    So sorry
    Hi Linda,
    I'm sorry to read your latest post. Let's just all pray that it's an early detection and some good drugs can make a big difference.
    Hugs
    Rita
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Waiting is never easy with anything,
    Especially when cancer is involved. After all Bob has been through with the surgery and all that entails this must be a blow. There are many options now for treatment and we have to believe that this bump in the road can be handled in a way that can provide Bob a decent quality of life and provide you both with more quality time together. Please keep us posted on progress. Sam Stage IV, 4/22/2010
  • GerryS
    GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry..........
    to hear this news. I will pray that this all goes well for Bob. We have followed each others journey closely as we are mid-westerners and both treated at Mayo. I will ask my prayer partners to keep you and Bob in their prayers also and tell Bob we will continue to beat this cancer. God Bless, my heart is heavy.....

Gerry
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    This is what we as cancer
    This is what we as cancer survivors fear. Praying the future test will look better.
    We all understand the waiting for results is so hard,
    Praying for Bob and for you,
    Sandra
  • casp42
    casp42 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    sandy1943 said:

This is what we as cancer
    This is what we as cancer survivors fear. Praying the future test will look better.
    We all understand the waiting for results is so hard,
    Praying for Bob and for you,
    Sandra

Prayers
    Linda,

Prayers to you and Bob.

Hugs,

Carolyn
  • annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of
    I am so sorry to hear of Bob's recurrence. As Sandra says it's what we all fear. My husband has been ill all over Christmas and it has probably nothing to do with EC but it scares me to death.

Ann (2)
    wife of Alan t3n1m0
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    It is difficult to hear this news about Bob
    Linda,

As many have said above, the fear of recurrence is something all of us live with. When it happens to someone who's journey we have followed through chemo, radiation therapy, surgery, and recovery it hurts to read. There is always the chance that the second review of the results may provide better news.

May God provide you and Bob with support and peace as you await the results.

You will be in my prayers,

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • Cora11
    Cora11 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    paul61 said:

It is difficult to hear this news about Bob
    Linda,

As many have said above, the fear of recurrence is something all of us live with. When it happens to someone who's journey we have followed through chemo, radiation therapy, surgery, and recovery it hurts to read. There is always the chance that the second review of the results may provide better news.

May God provide you and Bob with support and peace as you await the results.

You will be in my prayers,

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

as the new year
    arrives this news is distressing. I hope that it is caught at it's infancy and just gets blasted into oblivion. How's that for subtlety ? Sending blessing to you and Bob and I shall include in my "new and improved" ;) meditations that I have been doing with my tai chi practice. Sending love and light and healing energy to ALL my friends here and especially those who have urgent needs.
    Blessings to you both,
    Cora

"true strength is delicate"
  • jss2011
    jss2011 Member Posts: 132
    Options
    waiting
    Hi Linda,
    Hope you get your appt dates soon and get a plan in place. You both are in my prayers.

Julie
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    Linda,
    Will be keeping you

Linda,

Will be keeping you and Bob in my thoughts and prayers as you wait for more answers. It is so hard to wait. Keep the faith.

Hugs,
    Cindy
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    Oh Linda,
    So sorry to read

Oh Linda,

So sorry to read your post. I will be holding out hope that there was an error in Pathology and the second look gives better results.

Lee Ann
  • DanaMB3
    DanaMB3 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Prayers
    I am very sorry to hear about this setback. I'll be praying for a great treatment plan and response and for many more great years ahead for the two of you.
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    So Sorry to read this
    Dear Linda,

I haven't been on the site for some time and thought I would check in. I am so sorry to read this news. I will keep you both in prayer.

Linda
  • froggerjen
    froggerjen Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Linda so sorry
    I am new here but wanted to say how sorry I am to hear this. Prayers to both of you... Jen
  • Wife of patient 50378
    Options
    Try to stay positive.
    I know ...waiting for results ...waiting for questions answered..but try to stay positive. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sal
  • linda1120 said:

So Sorry to read this
    Dear Linda,

I haven't been on the site for some time and thought I would check in. I am so sorry to read this news. I will keep you both in prayer.

Linda

This comment has been removed by the Moderator