Tonsil Ca

Options

Comments

• CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    Buddy B said:

Withdrawl
    I tried Dawn (search for members), seems I have the wrong one since she has not been on in 10 years. I am a novice navigating. Would you tell me what board 'i might find her at?

Buddy

Dawn is
    Sweetblood22. She's been through a lot......but somehow keeps us guys in line.

Larry
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Buddy B said:

Withdrawl
    I tried Dawn (search for members), seems I have the wrong one since she has not been on in 10 years. I am a novice navigating. Would you tell me what board 'i might find her at?

Buddy

Sweetblood22
    Oh, yes...sorry, she was the one also talking with you above.

JG
  • TIASWO
    TIASWO Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Zorba said:

Diagnosed Oct 2011 SC left tonsil bed, Mets to left neck nodes
    On Oct. 31,2011, I too had robotic removal of the primary site on my left tonsil bed and lymph nodes removed in my left neck. I'm starting week 4 of a 7 week radiation therapy program and I'm having all the acute side effects. So much so that I'm questioning if the treatment is worth the pain. That's emotion talking obviously but it is a great deal harder than I thought it would be.

Good luck and I hope you have an easier time with the acute side effects.

God bless.

Zorba

Treatment worth the pain ?
    I had 35 rads over 7 weeks. By week 6, it was like sucking a hot coal ! Radiologist was brilliant though, and drew up a set of meds for pain management. My toothpaste still felt like battery acid, but it was 'do able'.

Get some pain relief - you don't have to suffer like that - and, yes, I think that the end justifies the means.

Best of luck, mate !
  • Buddy B
    Buddy B Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Sweetblood22
    Oh, yes...sorry, she was the one also talking with you above.

JG

Treatments
    After today,,, uno mas. I have something else to quiz ya all about, I had cracking around my finger nail beds, then I ask the Dr. about them yesterday. He looked them and ask if I could squeeze pus out? He proceeded to do so on my thumb and a couple of fingers. It hurt <> #5.
    Today prior to the treatments the finger tips are swollen and black, deep soreness with red spreading down my thumb. Any Ideas?
    Buddy
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Buddy B said:

Treatments
    After today,,, uno mas. I have something else to quiz ya all about, I had cracking around my finger nail beds, then I ask the Dr. about them yesterday. He looked them and ask if I could squeeze pus out? He proceeded to do so on my thumb and a couple of fingers. It hurt <> #5.
    Today prior to the treatments the finger tips are swollen and black, deep soreness with red spreading down my thumb. Any Ideas?
    Buddy

LOL....
    That is something I think I would have asked him about at the time....LOL.

I can't help you there...

I do know that when I was having all of the chemo, I did lose everyone of my toe nails. And my finger nails were very thin and brittle.

I'd go to cu them, and when I made a clip, the entire end of my nail would clip off.

I'm sure it's related, but the black and traveling red doen'st sound good at all....

I'd speak to one of your MD's for sure...and pretty quick so you know how to deal with it....

Remember...always, "Be Proactive, not Reactive"...

Cool deal on the last treatment coming up!!

Best,
    John
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Buddy B said:

Sore mouth
    Thank you for the suggestions for my eating. I read your advice on L-Glutamine and ran to the health food store and bought a bottle. I do like avocados and bananas. They will be included with ricotta, cottage and sour cream. I will buy some Greek Yogurt. I am getting pumped up to get this over with,,,! 3 more therapies! Thursday I have Erbitex, which just seems to have the ability to kick my butt for about 36 hours. With the adrenaline boost from my treatment ending, I might just be able to dance all the way home! I am on Fentanyl patches and Oxycodone 5-325. Is there a withdrawal procedure that anyone is aware of? I will follow closely the Doctors recommendations but any additional information will ease my concerns.

Buddy

To: Buddy RE: Fentanyl Withdraw
    Hi Buddy, I'm Dawn aka sweetblood or sweet.

I was on 75 mcgs of Fentanyl for a year, and I did step down very slowly, first to 50, then 25. The step down to 25 mcgs gave me a bit of withdrawal. Then getting off the 25, was tough. I was not aware, that there is a 12.5 mcgs patch. When you are ready to go off, you must do this with your doctors and wean off. Don't just stop. Also, while you are on it, don't be late with doses, either, especially if your on a larger dose, like the 75. Withdrawal can be wicked. Things like, leg cramps from hell, sweating profusely, shaking, vomiting, diarrhea, and more nastiness. Mine lasted for 4 days.

Just make sure that you wean off, with the docs helping you. Not everyone has a hard time getting off. Many here have not. IDK why I did, other than I am very sensitive to drugs, and prior to this mess, I had never taken anything stronger than an ibuprofen.
  • Skiffin16
    Options

To: Buddy RE: Fentanyl Withdraw
    Hi Buddy, I'm Dawn aka sweetblood or sweet.

I was on 75 mcgs of Fentanyl for a year, and I did step down very slowly, first to 50, then 25. The step down to 25 mcgs gave me a bit of withdrawal. Then getting off the 25, was tough. I was not aware, that there is a 12.5 mcgs patch. When you are ready to go off, you must do this with your doctors and wean off. Don't just stop. Also, while you are on it, don't be late with doses, either, especially if your on a larger dose, like the 75. Withdrawal can be wicked. Things like, leg cramps from hell, sweating profusely, shaking, vomiting, diarrhea, and more nastiness. Mine lasted for 4 days.

Just make sure that you wean off, with the docs helping you. Not everyone has a hard time getting off. Many here have not. IDK why I did, other than I am very sensitive to drugs, and prior to this mess, I had never taken anything stronger than an ibuprofen.

Dancing in the Moon Light....
    "Things like, leg cramps from hell, sweating profusely, shaking, vomiting, diarrhea, and more nastiness."

LOL, kinda sounds like a wild dance.....or perhaps the feelings one gets with "New Love"...

JG
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

"Things like, leg cramps from hell, sweating profusely, shaking, vomiting, diarrhea, and more nastiness."

LOL, kinda sounds like a wild dance.....or perhaps the feelings one gets with "New Love"...

JG

JG
    Whaa? Lol. Apparently, I've never been in love, and I'm not sure I wanna be......
  • Skiffin16
    Options

JG
    Whaa? Lol. Apparently, I've never been in love, and I'm not sure I wanna be......

Milk Man...
    You never got that warm fuzzy....LOL
  • Buddy B
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

JG

Withdrawl and finger pain
    You two, Sweetblood22, and you, are very helpful and my kudos for your support of this site.
    My thumbs and pointer fingers are very sore as I can feel my heat beating there sort of like the pain following smashing your thumb with a hammer. The hospital has gotten an hand arthropod MD involved. We have an appointment set up. I will have to wait til Monday morning.

Buddy
  • Buddy B
    Options

JG

finger pain & drug with drawl
    You two, Skiffin16, and you, are very helpful and my kudos for your support of this site.
    My thumbs and pointer fingers are very sore as I can feel my heat beating there sort of like the pain following smashing your thumb with a hammer. The hospital has gotten an hand arthropod MD involved. We have an appointment set up. I will have to wait til Monday morning.

Buddy
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Milk Man...
    You never got that warm fuzzy....LOL

JG
    Warm and fuzzy, yes, and seriously hot and bothered, (which I'm sure was lust and not love) yes. The rest of that stuff, nooooo...... Lol. Ugh, and don't remind me of the milk man, hmmm now I am kinda nauseated..... Gag
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Buddy B said:

You two, Sweetblood22, and you, are very helpful and my kudos for your support of this site.

Buddy

Sorry Buddy
    That sounds miserable. Hoping Monday comes quickly for you!
  • Skiffin16
    Options

Sorry Buddy
    That sounds miserable. Hoping Monday comes quickly for you!

Forehead Pain....
    LOL, I get forehead pain sometimes from Dawn virtually poking me in the forehead with her index finger....hmmmmmm.

Maybe she brought out her JG voodoo doll again, eeekkksss...LOL.

JG
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Forehead Pain....
    LOL, I get forehead pain sometimes from Dawn virtually poking me in the forehead with her index finger....hmmmmmm.

JG

Bwahahaha :D

. .))(..
    ..(ړײ) ..
    ..«▓»..
    ...╝╚..

JG VOODOO DOLL
  • tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options

. .))(..
    ..(ړײ) ..
    ..«▓»..
    ...╝╚..

JG VOODOO DOLL

Wow!
    How the heck did you do that trick? I recognize a lot of the symbols with the exception of the mouth. Can't quite say I've seen that one before.

Great work SW,

Tommy
  • Skiffin16
    Options

. .))(..
    ..(ړײ) ..
    ..«▓»..
    ...╝╚..

JG VOODOO DOLL

Smooches
    ..... (¯`v´¯)♥
    .......•.¸.•´
    ....¸.•´
    ... (
    .☻/
    ./▌♥♥
    ./ \ ♥♥
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Tommy
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill 'ya. ;-)

And John, you always have to try and get that last one in, don't cha? Lol

........_______,,
    ........|QUACK |
    ........|/""""""""""
    ........_
    , __( ' )<
    \____).
  • Buddy B
    Options
    Buddy B said:

Buddy

Finger tip pain
    This is just a follow up to my post last weekend. I had a appointment with an orthopedic doctor about my thumb and pointer finger tip pain. To round out the picture, my pointer fingers and thumbs looked and felt like I had pounded them violently with a hammer. A culture was taken on Friday, results and the appointment yesterday. Well, it seems that I have both staff and strep infections in those digits. To top it off, I had an allergic reaction to some other drug, and to make a long story short,,, I am on 500MG amoxicillin four time a day and a topical application of neosporin on the finger tips, then they are wrapped to keep the salve in place. I was told that the nail bed compromise by the cisplatin was not unheard of, just the extent of the infection. Now that catastrophe has been solved, Onward and Upward.
  • Buddy B
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Forehead Pain....

JG

John,
    In another lifetime, I

John,
    In another lifetime, I live in New Port Richey. That was 30 years ago. I have not been back to the Gold coast of Florida since then. So, the fishing is still good in Tampa bay?
    Buddy