jtl
jtl Member Posts: 456
I can remove the pic but if I try to put in a new one it reverts back the one I was using previously. Any thoughts?
John

Comments

• Goalie
    Goalie Member Posts: 184
    give it time
    whenever i change my picture i get frustrated because it doesn't change. by the next day it's done. doug
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Size Matters...
    The main thing is make sure you have a graphics editor that lets you resize by pixel size.

Microsoft Photo Editor will, Microsoft Office Picture Manager is another, but there are several.

Main thing is to resize it to 150 x 150 (or a little less). Then make sure you refresh your browser. Either by View Refresh, or closing it and re-opening Internet Explorer, or whatever browser you use.

JG
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Goalie said:

give it time
    whenever i change my picture i get frustrated because it doesn't change. by the next day it's done. doug

Score!
    I believe that doug is correct. I suspect that the address of your new pic is loaded into a temp database and then uploaded to the 'real' database when an overnight maintenance procedure is performed, which would almost certainly also check it for any viruses, spyware, other malware. I am NOT an employee of either ACS or whomever else might handle this sort of thing, so it is only a supposition based on personal experience in the field.

Take care,

Joe
  • jtl
    Thanks
    It did work today so I guess it does take a while. The pic must get automatically resized because I used a 1.5 MB picture. It does say that it must be much smaller as John mentioned but it took it anyway.
    John2
  • Skiffin16
    jtl said:

Thanks
    It did work today so I guess it does take a while. The pic must get automatically resized because I used a 1.5 MB picture. It does say that it must be much smaller as John mentioned but it took it anyway.
    John2

No Time Required...
    It doesn't take time, you can do it and it'll change it immediately...

You just have to size it as I mentioned and make sure that you refresh everything....

JG
  • jtl
    Skiffin16 said:

No Time Required...
    It doesn't take time, you can do it and it'll change it immediately...

You just have to size it as I mentioned and make sure that you refresh everything....

JG

John
    It didn't work yesterday even when I resized it, I tried it multiple times. I did notice that the site was down later in the day so maybe something else was going on. It did take a large pic today, try it sometime and see if it works for you. The problem I was having was getting the old pic to remove itself from the system. I could remove it and my avatar would go back to my initials but when I added a new pic it reverted back to the previous pic. Anyway it works now.
  • Skiffin16
    jtl said:

John
    It didn't work yesterday even when I resized it, I tried it multiple times. I did notice that the site was down later in the day so maybe something else was going on. It did take a large pic today, try it sometime and see if it works for you. The problem I was having was getting the old pic to remove itself from the system. I could remove it and my avatar would go back to my initials but when I added a new pic it reverted back to the previous pic. Anyway it works now.

Photo Editor
    If you have a photo editor that shows you the pixel size, it works everytime (or at least always has for me). I just changed mine a few minutes ago.

Not sure of the specifics in your case.

Anyways, you got it done, that's what matters.

Nice buddy you have in your photo, BTW...

Best,
    John
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Skiffin16 said:

Photo Editor
    If you have a photo editor that shows you the pixel size, it works everytime (or at least always has for me). I just changed mine a few minutes ago.

Not sure of the specifics in your case.

Anyways, you got it done, that's what matters.

Nice buddy you have in your photo, BTW...

Best,
    John

The little known Goat exception
    One of the lesser known tech tidbits of CSN is, that if you use a picture of a goat (or a ram) you can ignore the pixels.
    This is why I mostly have goat pictures
    Happy New Year