Found this article. they say they found the cure for cancer not sure how true it is

Found this article. Not completly sure how true is it. But I think everyone needs to know when there is a new information on how to cure cancer.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/228583-Scientists-cure-cancer-but-no-one-takes-notice

Nicolle

Comments

• sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Not Sure What To Say
    For one of the few times in my life I find this article renders me speechless. For now I think I will stick with my chemo, it is working. If there is any truth to this article I would hope further research will follow. Sam Stage IV.
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    sangora said:

Not Sure What To Say
    For one of the few times in my life I find this article renders me speechless. For now I think I will stick with my chemo, it is working. If there is any truth to this article I would hope further research will follow. Sam Stage IV.

Ditto
    What do you say? I hope it is true. You know, some researchers in Australia found the cure for ulcers that had evaded researchers for decades. Interesting. Awaiting hearing more.
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    It would certainly be wonderful if this were true
    It would be a wonderful thing if this article were true. It has certainly been demonstrated that the major drug companies are profit driven, even to the point of allowing a shortage to occur in proven cancer drugs like 5 FU, because it is not as profitable as newer cancer drugs.

One would hope if it were true that one of the recipients of grant monies would investigate and develop. It would be great to have someone who had an appointment scheduled with their oncologist in the near future take this article in with them and get the perspective of a trained oncologist.

It will be interesting to watch and see what develops.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    most interesting
    If there is an iota of validity in this study, I hope someone follows through.

With hopes of advancement in EC research and a better future!

Terry
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    TerryV said:

most interesting
    If there is an iota of validity in this study, I hope someone follows through.

With hopes of advancement in EC research and a better future!

Terry

Wouldn't it be wonderful if
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if a non-toxic, inexpensive cure could be found! I read the referenced article and found it very poorly written. Mitochondria are not cells; they are a part of individual cells. However, I did find this article from the University of Alberta website:
    http://www.dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/Updates/2007-03-15_Update.cfm

I think it would be a great idea if each of us asked our oncologists for their take on it.

Angie
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    DCA is the subject of study not being ignored
    Nicolle,

First let me say that I am concerned that you may have been mislead by the blog and your desire to find a cure for cancer. I have been there, we all have and know that sometimes the heart and spirit hope for what seems impossible. And that isn't to discount miracles they do happen and I believe in them. The blog fails to talk about the clinical trials and ongoing studies.

This article, blog relates to a study done in 2007 with DCA. Since the 2007 study a limited clinical trial with 49 patients was conducted - these patients had a form of brain cancer called glioblastoma. The studies are ongoing although the initial clinical trial was not sufficient to support any findings nor change any protocol for treatment of brain cancers. The research of trying to manipulate the behavior of tumors however is being done at medical centers all over the world and is the area showing the most promise. A link to a discussion of the clinical trial is available at http://www.dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/Updates/2010-05-12_Update.cfm. One of the concerns about this treatment is that it is sometimes done in other locations, Mexico comes to mind and people are taken advantage of "practitioners" charging lots of money to administer DCA as a cure in potentially dangerous amounts or methods. When we are desperate unfortunately the line starts at the door of people willing to take our money and our hope with promises that are unfounded.

It is interesting to read that one of the effects of DCA is to change the way tumors use sugars as fuel in their replication process. The effect of both sugar and the use of available blood supplies to fuel the growth of the tumor are both being studied as ways to target specific cancers. Indeed, there is discussion that eliminating refined sugars or decreasing the intake of refined sugars during chemo can help in depriving the tumor cells the necessary fuel to fight the chemo agents. It is encouraging to see scientists all over the world searching for new and even sometimes old and basic ways to find ways to treat cancer patients.

I think the blog you read has some "agendas" of his own and unfortunately tried to twist some of the facts to support his theories. Fortunately, research into this is ongoing and if indeed it turns out to be a possible treatment for brain cancer and others we will all be happy. In the meantime we all pray and hope for better treatments and eventually a cure.

Best wishes,
    Cindy
  • DCA is the subject of study not being ignored
    Nicolle,

First let me say that I am concerned that you may have been mislead by the blog and your desire to find a cure for cancer. I have been there, we all have and know that sometimes the heart and spirit hope for what seems impossible. And that isn't to discount miracles they do happen and I believe in them. The blog fails to talk about the clinical trials and ongoing studies.

This article, blog relates to a study done in 2007 with DCA. Since the 2007 study a limited clinical trial with 49 patients was conducted - these patients had a form of brain cancer called glioblastoma. The studies are ongoing although the initial clinical trial was not sufficient to support any findings nor change any protocol for treatment of brain cancers. The research of trying to manipulate the behavior of tumors however is being done at medical centers all over the world and is the area showing the most promise. A link to a discussion of the clinical trial is available at http://www.dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/Updates/2010-05-12_Update.cfm. One of the concerns about this treatment is that it is sometimes done in other locations, Mexico comes to mind and people are taken advantage of "practitioners" charging lots of money to administer DCA as a cure in potentially dangerous amounts or methods. When we are desperate unfortunately the line starts at the door of people willing to take our money and our hope with promises that are unfounded.

It is interesting to read that one of the effects of DCA is to change the way tumors use sugars as fuel in their replication process. The effect of both sugar and the use of available blood supplies to fuel the growth of the tumor are both being studied as ways to target specific cancers. Indeed, there is discussion that eliminating refined sugars or decreasing the intake of refined sugars during chemo can help in depriving the tumor cells the necessary fuel to fight the chemo agents. It is encouraging to see scientists all over the world searching for new and even sometimes old and basic ways to find ways to treat cancer patients.

I think the blog you read has some "agendas" of his own and unfortunately tried to twist some of the facts to support his theories. Fortunately, research into this is ongoing and if indeed it turns out to be a possible treatment for brain cancer and others we will all be happy. In the meantime we all pray and hope for better treatments and eventually a cure.

Best wishes,
    Cindy

This comment has been removed by the Moderator