gRADuation Day

Options
osmotar
osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
Today is finally here, my last rad treatment, yesterday was my last carboplation infusion. It's hard to believe that this journey started with finding a small lump on the rt side of my neck, then progressed to tonsil surgery ,3 seperate chemo infusions 1 every 21 days starting in August, radiation and 1 weekly chemo infusion starting in Nov. In my previous life before starting this journey words like SCC , head and neck cancer, chemo , radiation and any others that popped up along the way were foreign to me, but that all changed with 3 short words "you have cancer". The trip wasn't always smooth, but all in all I think I came thru it relatively easy and pray that each and every day I see improvements, I'll be like the turtle in the race with the hare, slow and steady, with a new perspective on how to get to that finish line and knowing that it may not look like what I thought it should. The support from my family (in a zillion years I will never ever be able to thank them), my friends and neighbors, my employer, the doctors and staff, the people I met in treatment rooms, and of course finding this site and all of you ...all I have to say in the most humble of ways is Thank You.

May each and everyone of you have a Healthy ,Safe and Happy New Year.

Blessings and Light

Linda

Comments

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Congratulations on making it through this stage of your recovery from cancer! Unlike you, I didn't find this great site until recently, about 2.5 years after my diagnosis and treatments. Like you, I had tremendous support from so many people--but didn't have the personal contact with others in my same situation. That's what CSN gives to people, no matter where they are in their battle with the "beast."

So, my thanks also go out to my new friends on CSN, and wish you all a NED year in 2012.

Mike
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options
    Mikemetz said:

Congrats!
    Congratulations on making it through this stage of your recovery from cancer! Unlike you, I didn't find this great site until recently, about 2.5 years after my diagnosis and treatments. Like you, I had tremendous support from so many people--but didn't have the personal contact with others in my same situation. That's what CSN gives to people, no matter where they are in their battle with the "beast."

So, my thanks also go out to my new friends on CSN, and wish you all a NED year in 2012.

Mike

congrats
    Linda, congrats... what a great way to end the year... put all that behind you now and start to heal.. Wishing you a happy HEALTHY new year !
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    We Knew You Had It In You
    Annnnnnnd, Now you don't....

You sure chose a hell of a way to make new friends, LOL....

Best to come in the many years you will be with us.

John
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Hi Linda, I've followed your posts, your progress. None of your supporters, or us on CSN could've made it without you. Your strength and attitude form the core of your support system and make it all work together. Great Job.

best, Hal
  • Kyle Gilmore
    Kyle Gilmore Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Hal61 said:

Hi Linda, I've followed your posts, your progress. None of your supporters, or us on CSN could've made it without you. Your strength and attitude form the core of your support system and make it all work together. Great Job.

best, Hal

yes...one more crosses the
    yes...one more crosses the finish line.Congratulations!!! You did the hardest part with grace and dignity.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Pomp and Circumstance
    I have that song in my head when I hear about most people "graduating". But the version I hear is the Doug Funny one where he sings the words "Pomp and Circumstance" through the entire song. Speedy, smooth recovery.
  • DrMary
    DrMary Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Fire Bad, Tree Pretty
    For the non-Buffy types, that was what she said was the level of her cognitive abilities right after her own graduation day. Hers, of course, involved a giant snake (the Mayor) and swarms of vampires attacking the graduating class during his speech. A walk in the park, compared to H&NC treatment. You guys are amazing.

Congradulations!
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Yay!
    Glad you are at the end! Hope the healing begins quickly.
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options

Yay!
    Glad you are at the end! Hope the healing begins quickly.

Graduation Day
    Congrats on your last treatment....life will start to get better for you now...wishing you all the best in 2012. Enjoy the AZ sunshine!!!
  • shoemandan1
    shoemandan1 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Congraduation
    A great way to end the year and start a new year of healing.In July when I had my last Rad treatment I began the slow healing proccess one day at a time. Wish I had known about this sight than.I became a member just two weeks ago. the peaple and post on this sight have been a great help and inspiration to me.
    congraduations and best wishes

Dan
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

Congraduation
    A great way to end the year and start a new year of healing.In July when I had my last Rad treatment I began the slow healing proccess one day at a time. Wish I had known about this sight than.I became a member just two weeks ago. the peaple and post on this sight have been a great help and inspiration to me.
    congraduations and best wishes

Dan

Thanks Dan
    This site is great I found it right after I was diagonsed..and it has bee a great source of information with great folks.

Linda