OMG you all are so awesome!!!

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
Okay, I've been processing. I've had a couple of glasses of my favorite Chard, I've cried, I've talked to my son, my sis and my hubby. The only thing I know for sure is that breast cancer absolutely sucks--big time! Apparently I won't know any more than I know right now until I (1) speak to my oncologist and (2) have a bone biopsy. None of this will happen until mid next week.

I just want to sincerely thank all of you who have had me in your thoughts and prayers. I know I am in God's hands but I am still trying to cope with the reality of it.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    It is just good to know
    that you are not alone. Now have a couple of more glasses of wine over the weekend and we are all pulling for you as you have always been so positive and awesome with everyone else here yourself it is the least that we can do for you Renee!

Have a Happy New Year in spite of all this.

Carol
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    You sound better and that lifts my heart, I agree a bit more wine and plans to do a few fun things in the coming days.

Hugs,

RE
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    WOW
    Your attitude is amazing to me, I am the worst with waiting and the unknown and would probably have gotten myself thrown out of my onc's office by now for being a jerk.

My MO told me last week I could have 1 glass of wine at Christmas and 1 at New Year's, she didn't say what SIZE glass, and I had none at Christmas. So we all known how I plan to kick 2011's rat-bag butt out of here.

Keep doing what makes you feel better and I so admire how you are handling this.

Wishing you a HEALTHY 2012!

Jennifer
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Meds and Reports
    Renee,

I hope you have pain medication. If you don't, call your oncologist office and ask that another doctor prescribe some pain meds. While there ask for copies of all 3 reports of the results from your tests. It would be helpful to have and look over so you can ask some questions to your oncologist.

Those reports are yours and if they refuse to give it to you (my thoracic surgeon's office wouldn't release them) go to Medical Records Department to obtain them.

We all know how awful the long wait is, I hope your comfortable and not in pain while you wait. They can at least to that for you.

Best,

Doris
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    SIROD said:

Meds and Reports
    Renee,

I hope you have pain medication. If you don't, call your oncologist office and ask that another doctor prescribe some pain meds. While there ask for copies of all 3 reports of the results from your tests. It would be helpful to have and look over so you can ask some questions to your oncologist.

Those reports are yours and if they refuse to give it to you (my thoracic surgeon's office wouldn't release them) go to Medical Records Department to obtain them.

We all know how awful the long wait is, I hope your comfortable and not in pain while you wait. They can at least to that for you.

Best,

Doris

Do...
    Do what ever it takes to get you through the day! And weekend.....waiting is just hell! But wait we must....getting reports of your scans, in my opinion, ahead of your physician's interpretation, can bring even more anxiety as we are not physicians...let the doctors do their job....

So, have that wine, etc. Or what ever it takes to get you through the waiting....
    Keep us posted, we care....
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    I'm sure we all would love
    I'm sure we all would love to join you with a glass of wine we also cry with you they say crying is good for the sole well we all should have great sole's.Courage,Strength and Hope for you keep up the great attitude.Hugs Frankie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    RE said:

:-)
    You sound better and that lifts my heart, I agree a bit more wine and plans to do a few fun things in the coming days.

Hugs,

RE

Breast cancer does suck! I,
    Breast cancer does suck! I, as well as all of the other sisters, are always here for you Renee!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Thinking of you..
    Denise

Thinking of you..

Denise
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232

Thinking of you..
    Denise

Thinking of you..

Denise

It Sucks!!
    Glad you're feeling better. Hope all comes out well. Been there, Done that, and Will Do It Again. But I'm still here and loving my life.

Hugs,
    Pam