Cancer on the mind

Seems like cancer is constantly on my mind. Wish I could get away from that. Now that I just had a have another biopsy on the same breast makes it hard. I have been told that it is more than likely scarring of the tissue around the lumpectomy. I am trying to be positive though. Now it is the waiting game again and just for the New Year just like two years ago. I must say I am coping better this time around.

Wanda

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Waiting
    Waiting for the report is always hard. I will be going in for a surgical biopsy on 12/30 because of microcalcifications where the lumpectomy was. Could just be scar tissue or could be an indicator there is still cancer present. I just want the cancer business done with so that I just go in for the more frequent exams. I feel like my life is on hold. Luckily the hold is probably only temporary.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    sorry to hear going through
    sorry to hear going through more tests etc.

Denise
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    I hope all goes well
    Wanda, I hope all goes well for you. Staying positive is definitely important. Most of the pink sisters will probably tell you cancer is always on their minds when ever it's time to take a test or some health issue comes up. However, just because cancer is on your mind does not make it so. Hang in there, stay positive, and if you are a prayerful person, stay prayerful. Hugs and support.

Ballerina
  • WJGardner_Dec2009
    WJGardner_Dec2009 Member Posts: 50

Waiting
    Waiting for the report is always hard. I will be going in for a surgical biopsy on 12/30 because of microcalcifications where the lumpectomy was. Could just be scar tissue or could be an indicator there is still cancer present. I just want the cancer business done with so that I just go in for the more frequent exams. I feel like my life is on hold. Luckily the hold is probably only temporary.

Wait is hard
    Waiting is the hard part. Took two weeks before I heard about biopsy results and that was after I emailed to ask about it. It was negative but a phone would have been nice. I'm glad but in the mean time I was a nervous reck. The biopsy has left my breast sore especially the nipple area. Probably because of all the scare tissue they had to go through. Ice helps. In a way I kind of wish I had a mastectomy instead. Mainly because of the discomfort I have had for the last two years. I probably shouldn't complain because I am hear to feel the pain I guess. Just with pain I think it could be something worse.

How were your results?

Wanda
  • WJGardner_Dec2009
    WJGardner_Dec2009 Member Posts: 50
    Ballerina said:

I hope all goes well
    Wanda, I hope all goes well for you. Staying positive is definitely important. Most of the pink sisters will probably tell you cancer is always on their minds when ever it's time to take a test or some health issue comes up. However, just because cancer is on your mind does not make it so. Hang in there, stay positive, and if you are a prayerful person, stay prayerful. Hugs and support.

Ballerina

Yes results were good. Still I always wonder though.

Wanda
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Yes results were good. Still I always wonder though.

Wanda

Yeah!
    Great news Wanda! So very happy for you....love hearing good news on this board...makes my day!

Wishing you continued good health..
    Hugs, Nancy