Results of PET/CT Scan

Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Waiting
    The waiting game can wreak havoc on the imagination. I consider some of this professional nomanclature to be an attempt to shroud the nature of our ailments (whether physical or mental health) in terms that help the person suffering very little. Some medical nomanclature is understandable to me but I think it gets even more difficult when the medicine becomes specialized.

When dealing with my clients, I try to put things in the plainest language possible. It alleviates a lot of worry. Does it make me look less proffesional? Perhaps so, but the clients sure are glad I speak plainly.

Try not to worry too much about this report as you can easily have a few mistaken impressions on various items.

Mary, the pink sisters are
    Mary, the pink sisters are all praying for you and there is always strength in prayers.

Hugs, Kylez
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Don't try to diagose yourself
    Hi Mary,

Physican jargon is something I still don't get. I've actually looked at my own PET/CT scans and think I see "hot Spots" while the doctor says there is nothing there. They compare report to report so if you have had an infection, surgery or anything else going on it can just be a notation of a change form one report to the other. Please stay positive. I've been there too and know how you feel. We are here for you. Just remember a thickening or density can also be scar tissue. Don't drive yourself crazy, just be patient and wait for the call. Here for you.

Terry
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Mary -- So sorry for all
    Mary -- So sorry for all this new development. I just want us ALL TO BE HEALTHY and not have to go through scares and fear.We will continue our prayers for everyone on this community to recover. To experience a miracle.

Please let us know about your progress and what your Dr. agrees to do in re. to the biopsy. I agree it's best to know for peace of mind.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Looking for an update from
    Looking for an update from Mary too.

Praying,

Kylez
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Mary ... We are here --- holding your hand, waiting
    for the call... is it 6 p.m. in your neck of the woods, yet? I am here for you ..., I do not pretend to know what you are going thru -- the hell, the pain, the anguish . .. Please know that I have been fasting and praying for you all day .. on my knee's asking our Lord for that Miracle .. we need 1 for you, Mary, Nancy, Carol,and Doris .. Fasting and praying for all you Sisters in PINK!!!

The only comfort I have for you .. is to keep you mind busy and sane. What helped me as the following

I took each phase on my path reports ...

example:

in situ ... I search Internet, hand wrote what I found, left 2 to 3 lines for what my doctor described via phone and/or visit.

I continued for hours .. with each term, verb, or description.. this helped me organize my thoughts -- concerns and anxiety.

Please let us know ..

Vicki Sam

Like Vicki Sam said, we are
    Like Vicki Sam said, we are all holding your hand and right beside you all the way.

Hugs and prayers,

Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Any word yet?
    I usually think no news is good news. Over the holidays things can slip through the cracks. I would call if you haven't heard yet. If your doc is on vacation, someone else can give you the results I'd think. Then you can relax and enjoy the arrival of a new year.

Sending hugs.
    Suzanne

I am adding my prayers along
    I am adding my prayers along with the other pink sisters for you.

Hugs, Noel
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Hi Mary,

Physican jargon is something I still don't get. I've actually looked at my own PET/CT scans and think I see "hot Spots" while the doctor says there is nothing there. They compare report to report so if you have had an infection, surgery or anything else going on it can just be a notation of a change form one report to the other. Please stay positive. I've been there too and know how you feel. We are here for you. Just remember a thickening or density can also be scar tissue. Don't drive yourself crazy, just be patient and wait for the call. Here for you.

Terry

not much to add just that I
    not much to add just that I am adding my good thoughts with the others!
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Wishing for good results
    Wishing for good results.I've had a inverted nipple for years.Didn't know it.Went in for a mammo and the nurse mentioned it to me.I was scared but my mammos were always fine.It was my right breast the one I NEVER had problems with but my left I had quite a few benign tumors till 2009.Then the itty bitty malignant one. I had some discharge to from my left breast after one of my mammos.It was after the cancer dx.I called and a ultrasound was done.Nothing found.

Automatically when you hear of discharge or inverted nipple it is always a sign and a worry but my tests proved no problems.Hoping the same for you.

You're in my thought and prayers.

Lynn Smith
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    carkris said:

I am also sending good,
    I am also sending good, positive thoughts and lots of prayers.

Hugs, Megan
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    **.˛°˛.*☆ ☆˛°˛.**
    **.˛°˛.*☆ ☆˛°˛.** 。☆HAPPY☆* 。*˛.
    *.˛。 _██_*..* / ♥ \ .˛* .˛。.˛.*.☆*NEW*☆ 。*
    ˛. (´• ̮•)* ./.♫ \*˛.* .˛。 __˛_Π___.☆YEAR 2012☆
    . .( . • . )˛°/• '♫ ' \.˛*. /______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛. *。
    *(...'•'.. )/ * ♫ ♫ ' \╬╬╬╬ |田田 |門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚ .˛*
    ღ❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤ღღ❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫❤♫

Hi Everyone :)

So sorry I haven't been online in a few days. I actually didn't hear from the doctor until Thursday. Things seem to be alright.

Although, no one knows if the the cancer did spread to my lungs, the nodules that were picked up on the PET scan did not light up. The 2 nodules that are in question weren't able to be seen on the scan and, therefore, remain indeterminate. I need a new PET/CT scan in February.

The RO says that he will order a CT scan of my breast to look for any changes. That is scheduled for Jan 9th. The changes I see in my breast is around the nipple. After surgery, it is mostly inverted. Recently, it has started to protrude again and has changed in color and is pimply around the nipple. He will check that on the 4th when I go back to see him so he can go over all of the results.

The lower left lung collapse .. he is going to give me a pulmonologist's name and order a broncoscopy. I am hoping that when I get this appointment I can find out if this doctor can look at both lungs and get a piece of the nodule tissue for a biopsy. Not sure he can do that. If he can't, I will ask about see the thoracic surgeon again. The RO sounded like he wants to wait for the PET scan in February to see if there are any changes. The one thing that concerns me is if the nodules are malignant ... WHAT caused this? Hormones or was it there before the breast cancer was discovered.

I am feeling that I am going to be OK. I can't go to that dark place anymore. I need to focus on getting the bc under control and move forward.

Everything (I hope) will be determined in February with the follow up PET/CT scan.

I will have a radiation schedule on the 9th. It feels good to finally start treatment. It means I am on my way to being healthier.

With my faith in God and all the thoughts and prayers from my sisters, I know I am in good hands!

I was so surprised to see all the responses and concern on my post.

The PINK LADIES are truly SISTERS! Thank you so much! I pray for everyone every night. I pray that we all get well and that breast cancer will have a cure in the very near future.

Here's hoping and praying that 2012 will bring joy, peace, happiness and nothing but better news.

xoxoxo
    Mary
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

**.˛°˛.*☆ ☆˛°˛.**

So sorry I haven't been online in a few days. I actually didn't hear from the doctor until Thursday. Things seem to be alright.

Although, no one knows if the the cancer did spread to my lungs, the nodules that were picked up on the PET scan did not light up. The 2 nodules that are in question weren't able to be seen on the scan and, therefore, remain indeterminate. I need a new PET/CT scan in February.

The RO says that he will order a CT scan of my breast to look for any changes. That is scheduled for Jan 9th. The changes I see in my breast is around the nipple. After surgery, it is mostly inverted. Recently, it has started to protrude again and has changed in color and is pimply around the nipple. He will check that on the 4th when I go back to see him so he can go over all of the results.

The lower left lung collapse .. he is going to give me a pulmonologist's name and order a broncoscopy. I am hoping that when I get this appointment I can find out if this doctor can look at both lungs and get a piece of the nodule tissue for a biopsy. Not sure he can do that. If he can't, I will ask about see the thoracic surgeon again. The RO sounded like he wants to wait for the PET scan in February to see if there are any changes. The one thing that concerns me is if the nodules are malignant ... WHAT caused this? Hormones or was it there before the breast cancer was discovered.

I am feeling that I am going to be OK. I can't go to that dark place anymore. I need to focus on getting the bc under control and move forward.

Everything (I hope) will be determined in February with the follow up PET/CT scan.

I will have a radiation schedule on the 9th. It feels good to finally start treatment. It means I am on my way to being healthier.

With my faith in God and all the thoughts and prayers from my sisters, I know I am in good hands!

The PINK LADIES are truly SISTERS! Thank you so much! I pray for everyone every night. I pray that we all get well and that breast cancer will have a cure in the very near future.

Here's hoping and praying that 2012 will bring joy, peace, happiness and nothing but better news.

xoxoxo
    Mary

Mary .. getting your 'groove' on ...
    PINK boxing gloves -- and a machine gun preparing for battle with
    breast cancer -- nice to hear.

That dark place -- is easy for many of us to find -- difficult to crawl out of.
    I am happy to see that you have seen the path of love, support and encouragement --
    a little easier to make your way out of that hole.

Good luck with your collapsed lung, and multiple rad's, and scans. I will be there holding your hand -- whispering words of encourage and hope.

A Healthier You in 2012 --

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

**.˛°˛.*☆ ☆˛°˛.**

xoxoxo
    Mary

Scans
    Hi Mary,

I sent you an email and glad that the nodes didn't light up on the PET/CT scan. I am glad that your radiation oncologist will give you more scans for the breast with follow up PET Scan in February.

Having a plan always helps, it's the waiting that is the worst.

Best,

Doris
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    mom62 said:

Hi Mary,

Terry

Prayers and positive
    Prayers and positive thoughts!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Mary .. getting your 'groove' on ...
    PINK boxing gloves -- and a machine gun preparing for battle with
    breast cancer -- nice to hear.

That dark place -- is easy for many of us to find -- difficult to crawl out of.
    I am happy to see that you have seen the path of love, support and encouragement --
    a little easier to make your way out of that hole.

Good luck with your collapsed lung, and multiple rad's, and scans. I will be there holding your hand -- whispering words of encourage and hope.

A Healthier You in 2012 --

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

Wishing you the best of luck
    Wishing you the best of luck Mary and adding you to our prayer list.

Hugs, Noel