Groin pain

Rej0328
Rej0328 Member Posts: 21
Hi everyone, I am 5 months past treatment. I am having a lot of cramps, like period cramps and groin pain. Has anyone else had these problems.

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    I developed an infection in my colon after tx. My oncologist said this is a side effect of the chemo. All he did was press on the lower stomach where the colon is and ouch. They treated me with an antibiotic and I was fine. If you have an antibiotic it strips away the good and bad bacteria out of the colon, so you have to take the good bacteria while taking the antibiotic. Probiotics (sp) I think, like whats in yogurt. I hope you will have your dr examine you soon.
  • Rej0328
    Rej0328 Member Posts: 21
    z said:

I developed an infection in my colon after tx. My oncologist said this is a side effect of the chemo. All he did was press on the lower stomach where the colon is and ouch. They treated me with an antibiotic and I was fine. If you have an antibiotic it strips away the good and bad bacteria out of the colon, so you have to take the good bacteria while taking the antibiotic. Probiotics (sp) I think, like whats in yogurt. I hope you will have your dr examine you soon.

I am having actual period
    I am having actual period cramps along with the groin pain. But thank you so much, I will probably make an appt. soon. I don't know about you, but I am getting a little tired of the doctors. Then on the other hand they have saved my life. Ahhh much better way to look at that.
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Rej0328 said:

I am having actual period
    I am having actual period cramps along with the groin pain. But thank you so much, I will probably make an appt. soon. I don't know about you, but I am getting a little tired of the doctors. Then on the other hand they have saved my life. Ahhh much better way to look at that.

Yes please make an appt soon, because it might be as simple as an antibiotic. Yes I know the feeling of being sick of the drs. But like you said they save our lives. Have a Happy New Year. Lori
  • mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Cramping
    My periods stopped immediately when I had treatment, so when I began having menstrual-like cramping about 3 months after treatment, I didn't know what to think. I called my rad onc and he said it was most likely fibrosis, the forming of scar tissue, in my pelvic area. It stopped after awhile and I have not experienced it since. This could be what you are experiencing.
  • duckyann
    duckyann Member Posts: 159
    mp327 said:

Cramping
    My periods stopped immediately when I had treatment, so when I began having menstrual-like cramping about 3 months after treatment, I didn't know what to think. I called my rad onc and he said it was most likely fibrosis, the forming of scar tissue, in my pelvic area. It stopped after awhile and I have not experienced it since. This could be what you are experiencing.

My doctor, like Martha's
    My doctor, like Martha's told me I had fibrosis too. I still feel those crampy feeling from time to time and I am 31+ months post treatment. I also had groin pain and once in a while I still get that too. The treatment does do a number on your body. I would still ask your doctor about it but my feelings are it is just the radiation side effects.
  • RoseC
    RoseC Member Posts: 559
    duckyann said:

My doctor, like Martha's
    My doctor, like Martha's told me I had fibrosis too. I still feel those crampy feeling from time to time and I am 31+ months post treatment. I also had groin pain and once in a while I still get that too. The treatment does do a number on your body. I would still ask your doctor about it but my feelings are it is just the radiation side effects.

Me too
    I get groin pain too (I'm a little over 3 years out of treatment). Very similar to the old 'period cramps'. I find that it occurs mainly when I sit in or get up from a certain position. My oncologist told me he thinks it's adhesions from the radiation. I've had catscans that show nothing of interest there, so I believe him. I hope yours get better!
  • Phoebesnow
    Phoebesnow Member Posts: 600 Member
    RoseC said:

Me too
    I get groin pain too (I'm a little over 3 years out of treatment). Very similar to the old 'period cramps'. I find that it occurs mainly when I sit in or get up from a certain position. My oncologist told me he thinks it's adhesions from the radiation. I've had catscans that show nothing of interest there, so I believe him. I hope yours get better!

Groin pain and cramping
    Yes. Ouch. 1 year and 20 days later.