My mom had a stroke

I am so sorry I have not been on to share some of your ups and some of your downs and to try and help.
On Dec 13th My mom had a severe stroke. She is completely paralized on the left side. No improvement at all so far so they moved her from the hospital to a nursing home. I just hate her being there and am very sad now.I just want to bring her home as she lives with me.
This past year has been a nightmare for so many of us.

To Bethan , is I get up any energy at all I will get with you regarding the VA. I am so sorry about your dad.

Please hang in there Eric. I love you.

To everyone Merry Christmas and hopefully a better 2012.

I love you guys

Barb

Comments

• BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Hope your Mom gets better.
    Hope your Mom gets better. Strokes are rough . What a difficult time you have had. Pray that the New Year will bring better times.
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    Hi Barb
    I'm so sorry about your mom's stroke. I know first hand that strokes are really tough to deal with. I'm guessing your mom is comfortable at the nursing home and having her needs met there. It would be very difficult for you to handle at home all that the staff there is able to for her. Hopefully with some rehab, she can make a good enough recovery to get back home. Another option, might be to see if you can get her out on a pass for a day or two to see how it goes. I was able to do that with Greg once he regained a little mobility. Take care and know that you and your mom are in my prayers.
    Love
    Rita
  • jss2011
    jss2011 Member Posts: 132
    your mom
    Barb, sorry to hear about your mom having a stroke, very sad. I just hope that she is getting great care at the nursing home and that should help you feel better. Prayers for her improvement so she can get back home with you.

Hugs,
    Julie
  • oriontj
    oriontj Member Posts: 375
    My mom had the same stroke
    It left unable to use her left side. She had a 24/7 caregiver for 2 1/2 as it was her wish to remain in her home.

I know how hard this is for you. My prayers are for you and your Mom and that she comes home soon.

jan
  • Callaloo
    Callaloo Member Posts: 135
    so sorry Barb
    It's always something. I should have been there for you. You've always been there for me. I'm so sorry you have to be dealing with this. I have you in my thoughts always.

Lu
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Barbara, so sorry to hear
    Barbara, so sorry to hear about your mom. This has been a bad year of heartbreak for you and I want you to know I pray for you. Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers,
    Sandra
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Prayers for your mom
    I understand your heartache. My mom had 5 TIA's (mini strokes) several year back. She's had much recovery, but there are definite physical reminders. I hope and pray that your mom has recovery as well. The human body is an amazing thing.

Prayers for your mom's health and recovery. I hope she's back home with you soon.

Love & Hugs,

Terry
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Barb,
    Keep the faith and I

Barb,

Keep the faith and I hope your mom makes some improvemens soon. You sure have been through so much in 2011. Lets hope that 2012 is a better year.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
    Cindy
  • mrsbotch
    mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
    mom
    Thank you so much to all of you with prayers for mom. I would love to bring her home but they told me today she would need 24-7 care with 2 nurses. Like Jan's mom. Jan could you please let me know how you have done this and how it is going with your mom. You could e-mail me privately too at mrsbotch@hotmail.com if you want to.

Thank you to Lu, Rita , Cindy and Sandy who I feel I really knowand to the rest of you for caring.

We all have our things to bear but this year has really been the pits.

I love you all

Barb
  • mrsbotch
    mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
    mom
    Thank you so much to all of you with prayers for mom. I would love to bring her home but they told me today she would need 24-7 care with 2 nurses. Like Jan's mom. Jan could you please let me know how you have done this and how it is going with your mom. You could e-mail me privately too at mrsbotch@hotmail.com if you want to.

Thank you to Lu, Rita , Cindy and Sandy who I feel I really knowand to the rest of you for caring.

We all have our things to bear but this year has really been the pits.

I love you all

Barb