Merry Christmas from Australia

Options
Mazj
Mazj Member Posts: 42
To all my new friends I wish you love and peace in this coming season. Brian and I have already had our main Christmas dinner with our children and darling granddaughter. It was a very emotional but fabulous time. Rather than have the elephant in the room I took the opportunity to thank each person personally for their love, care, concern and support this past awful half year by letting them know specifically how they had helped. I think the idea came to me from this board- many people have been such enormous help and support to us newbies and that is often acknowledged.
We will have a smaller celebration tomorrow.

I also want to add my thoughts to those of you who will not have your loved ones with you. I cannot imagine how sad this time will be. I hope the love you feel from us all here will be some small help.

To all posters on this site have a joyous and loving Christmas.

Marilyn
Wife of Brian
T0N0M1 (The primary was removed 6 years ago)

Comments

• Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    Options
    Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    Merry Christmas
    May your home be filled with giving, receiving, happiness, and hope at Christmas and always.
    (It from a Christmas card, but I think it says volumes.)
  • JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Marilyn - you're not a newbie anymore - you've been promoted!
    Marilyn

Thank you for sharing your Christmas experience with us. I love how you thanked everyone for their contribution to your journey. Also, I love the post that Birdiequeen added (it does pretty much say it all). We will have a quiet Christmas as home with our daughter and one of her friends and we're looking forward to it.

I found a recipe on a site that someone had posted for easy to swallow recipes - so I had the butcher twice grind the already ground sirloin and we're going to have the meatloaf recipe from that site.

This site is a lot like our holidays - LIVING and ONGOING - as others have completed their journey and are now pain free and are missed dearly by their loved ones left behind - and before you know it, another EC patient is 'born' and the process begins anew.

This Christmas could have been a real downer, but thank you Jesus for letting us find this site and each of you.

May the Peace of our Lord be with you this Christmas season.

Love
    Judy & Don
  • jss2011
    jss2011 Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Holidays
    Sounds like you made the most of the holidays and really enjoyed this time with your loved ones.

Merry Christmas,
    Julie