CT Results

Options
cfont11
cfont11 Member Posts: 115
Got the results of my last CA125 and my CT scan. I was not sure if I wanted to know before Christmas or not but was glad the dr. called. My CA125 went from 410 to 371. She still thinks it is not accurate due to my last bowel obstruction but the fact that it went down is good news.

The scan showed the disease to be stable except for one small tumor growth on my right side at the edge of my liver. It grew less than one centimeter. The dr. recommends changing my treatment from Gemzar to Topotecan. Has anyone else experienced a change like this for a recurrence?

Now that I have my results, I am going to put it at the back of my mind and enjoy my friends and family for the holidays.

Love and blessings to all,

Chris

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I also had my scan in December
    and wasn't sure whether to do it then or not. I'm glad it's behind me for I knew I'd worry more not knowing. Falling CA-125 numbers are alway a good thing. Happy Holidays.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Mwee said:

I also had my scan in December
    and wasn't sure whether to do it then or not. I'm glad it's behind me for I knew I'd worry more not knowing. Falling CA-125 numbers are alway a good thing. Happy Holidays.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

I'm happy for your good results, Chris
    and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Karen
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    kikz said:

I'm happy for your good results, Chris
    and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Karen

Are you asking about a
    Are you asking about a change in chemo? Or change in scan?

I was on carbo/gemcitabine without seeing an improvement in the CA-125. Now I am on Topotecan. I like it better--not as wiped out. Too early to say anything about effectiveness.

According to the Internet, Topotecan was kind of disappointing with regard to response rate from the clinical trials. I like the fact that the bone marrow suppression is reversible.

I think tumors flare up before they die off so a small increase in size may not be as worrisome as you think.

Best wishes for a good response.