Marsha Mulvey - Rest In Peace Pink Sister

Options
DianeBC
DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
edited December 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
I got the information below in a message and wanted to pass it on to you pink sisters so that you can add your sympathy to Marsha's family.

She was a true warrior in every sense of the word. She will be missed.

My sympathy to Marsha's family.

Rest in peace Marsha,

Diane

I was hoping Rachel would post it on this discussion board. More than likely she has a lot to deal with in regards to her mother's death. Marsha was not only such an exceptional, valiant fighter but, one of the nicest lady on this board.

There is a lovely photo of Marsha on the obituary page should you want to access it.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/courierpress/obituary.aspx?n=marsha-mulvey&pid=155068748

Marsha Mulvey (1952 - 2011)
Evansville, IN

Marsha G. Mulvey, 59, of Evansville passed away at 9 am, Saturday, December 17, 2011 at St. Mary's Medical Center.

Marsha was born March 28, 1952 in Evansville. Growing up, she attended Fairlawn United Methodist Church and was a member of M.Y.F. She was a 1970 graduate of Bosse High School. Marsha had worked in the clerical office at Securitas Security Services. She was a lover of all animals, especially horses and her four cats, Elvis, Chloe, Dottie and Corky. Marsha enjoyed softball, genealogy, coins, bowling and being with her beloved family.

She is survived by daughter, Rachel Mulvey of Evansville, son, Zachary Mulvey of Evansville, the father of her children, Oscar "Gene" Mulvey of Evansville, mother, Betty (Elmendorf) Campbell of Evansville, sister, Brenda Baldwin (Dan) of Mt. Vernon, IN, brother, Steven Bagby (Rose) of Hinsdale, IL. She was preceded in death by her father, Charles L. Turpen, grandparents, Clyde and Isabella Elmendorf and grandmother, Emma Turpen.

Funeral Services will be held at 10 am, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at Boone Funeral Home East Chapel - 5330 Washington Avenue, Evansville with Reverend Mitch Gieselman officiating. Burial will be Private.
Friends may call from 3 pm until 8 pm, Monday, December 19, 2011 at Boone Funeral Home - East Chapel and again from 9 am until time of service at 10 am on Tuesday.

Memorial Contributions may be made to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation , 4424 Vogel Rd, Suite 205, Evansville, IN 47715 or Vanderburgh County Humane Society, PO Box 6711, Evansville, IN 47719. Condolences may be made to the family online at boonefuneralhome.net

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Just saw this news
    I am so sad but happy that Marsha is in a much better place with no worries and no pain--only joy and comfort. My thoughts, prayers and heartfelt sympathy go out to her close friends and family. Rest in peace dear sweet sister.

Hugs, Renee
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Just saw this news
    I am so sad but happy that Marsha is in a much better place with no worries and no pain--only joy and comfort. My thoughts, prayers and heartfelt sympathy go out to her close friends and family. Rest in peace dear sweet sister.

Hugs, Renee

RIP Marsha
    Marsha was a valiant fighter and such a kind person on this board. She always posted the most positive and supportive posts to everyone, even when she was battling for her life.

I'm so sorry to read this and I'm sending my sympathy to Rachel and the rest of Marsha's family.

Hugs,

Debby
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

RIP Marsha
    Marsha was a valiant fighter and such a kind person on this board. She always posted the most positive and supportive posts to everyone, even when she was battling for her life.

I'm so sorry to read this and I'm sending my sympathy to Rachel and the rest of Marsha's family.

Hugs,

Debby

I am so sorry
    to know that Marsha has passed. Thanks for posting this information for us. I will give my condolences to her family from what is posted here.

I will light a candle for her right now and post the link where anyone else can light one.

I will miss you Marsha, yet, I know you are finally free of pain and any treatments.

Hugs and prayers,

Kylez
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am so sorry
    to know that Marsha has passed. Thanks for posting this information for us. I will give my condolences to her family from what is posted here.

I will light a candle for her right now and post the link where anyone else can light one.

I will miss you Marsha, yet, I know you are finally free of pain and any treatments.

Hugs and prayers,

Kylez

Thanks Much for the update...
    I'm soooo sorry to hear of Marsha's death. She will be missed. It's sooo sad to hear of the loss of one of our pink sisters. My deepest sympathy to her family.

Rest in Peace Marsha

My deepest sympathy
    Mitzi
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Thank you for the info
    So sorry to see that the beast took her. Praying that she is peaceful, pain-free and has found eternal joy. May her family and friends find a way to cope with her loss while keeping all of the love and wonderful memories alive.

God Bless,

Jennifer
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Thank you for the info
    So sorry to see that the beast took her. Praying that she is peaceful, pain-free and has found eternal joy. May her family and friends find a way to cope with her loss while keeping all of the love and wonderful memories alive.

God Bless,

Jennifer

Rest in Peace dear Marsha,
    Thoughts and prayers are with her family.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

So sorry about the news. My
    So sorry about the news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Rest in peace sister.
  • BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Just read the sad news
    I was so saddened to read about Marsha. She will celebrate her Christmas in heaven. The sorrowful part is for her family (and friends) she left here on earth. I recall only too well how much my heart was breaking that first Christmas we celebrated without my dad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. May they find peace and comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering but rejoicing with the angels in heaven.

Betsy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

I'm soooo sorry to hear of Marsha's death. She will be missed. It's sooo sad to hear of the loss of one of our pink sisters. My deepest sympathy to her family.

Rest in Peace Marsha

My deepest sympathy
    Mitzi

I am so sad to know that
    I am so sad to know that Marsha has passed on. I prayed that a miracle would happen and she would get better. I'll miss her as everyone else will too.

Sending prayers to her family,

Angie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

Rest in Peace Marsha

My deepest sympathy
    Mitzi

Sorry
    double posted
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    BetsyJane said:

Just read the sad news
    I was so saddened to read about Marsha. She will celebrate her Christmas in heaven. The sorrowful part is for her family (and friends) she left here on earth. I recall only too well how much my heart was breaking that first Christmas we celebrated without my dad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. May they find peace and comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering but rejoicing with the angels in heaven.

Betsy

Thanks, Diane
    May she rest in peace.

if you're in contact with her family, please convey that we will miss Marsha and loved knowing her, albeit from afar.

Suzanne
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

:(
    I'm crying and trying to find the right words to write. Marsha was such an amazing sister here and I always loved her encouraging posts.

My thoughts and prayers are going to Rachel and the rest of her family.

Thanks Diane for letting us know.

Sue :(
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dianne for the info.
    Thanks Dianne for the info. Marsha's wonderful spirit will never be forgotten. She was truly a gracious and kind lady and will be missed.

To leave a note at the funeral home:

Sign/Write Tribute on Marsha Mulvey's Guest Book

http://boonefuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/tribute.cfm?o_id=1341613&fh_id=13344
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Thanks Dianne for the info.
    Thanks Dianne for the info. Marsha's wonderful spirit will never be forgotten. She was truly a gracious and kind lady and will be missed.

To leave a note at the funeral home:

Sign/Write Tribute on Marsha Mulvey's Guest Book

http://boonefuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/tribute.cfm?o_id=1341613&fh_id=13344

Thanks Diane for telling us
    Thanks Diane for telling us that Marsha has passed. My sympathy to her family.

Rest in peace Marsha,

Jan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Rest in peace Marsha. Thinking and praying for your family.

Leeza
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Thanks Diane for telling us
    Thanks Diane for telling us that Marsha has passed. My sympathy to her family.

Rest in peace Marsha,

Jan

I am saddened to hear that our beautiful Marsha has passed on. We will all miss you Marsha, but we know your in Heaven where there is no pain or tears. Rest in peace our sweet pink warrior.

My thoughts and prayers are with Marsha's family.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Thank you for the info

God Bless,

Jennifer

I forgot to add a thank you
    I forgot to add a thank you to you Diane. So, thanks even though I know it was difficult to post.

Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Thanks, Diane
    May she rest in peace.

if you're in contact with her family, please convey that we will miss Marsha and loved knowing her, albeit from afar.

Suzanne

Right now, I can't write
    Right now, I can't write what I want. This hurts so bad to know Marsha has passed. When I gather my thoughts, I will post what I want to say. Thanks Diane.

Sad, Megan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Thanks, Diane
    May she rest in peace.

Suzanne

Sorry that it posted again
    Sorry that it posted again :(
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    RIP
    So sorry to hear of Marsha Mulvey's passing. My condolences to her beloved Family. Another Warrior has departed from us and is at rest. God bless Marsha and her Family.
    Ines