"Do I Know How to Celebrate the Holidays or What?"

2»

Comments

• janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Kim and Brenda.....
    Hey Kim

I thought I would slip out under the wire and nobody would notice:)

LOL!

Scope looks clear - no polyps or anything - they did send out a biopsy of the anastomosis that I should have by week's end, but she doesn't think there are any issues, just a precaution.

Found out my port clotted again when they tried to access....as soon as the scope ended, I got up and went down the street to the infusion center and asked for some TPA in the port to dissolve the clot......40 minute wait but that worked and we got 'return.'

Always something, but glad they found it....I had a couple of stabbing hurting pains in my chest near that area a day or 2 prior, but dismissed it....once she could not get return from the port...I knew what I needed to do and what the problem was. After the 'drano', it worked fine.

1 down - 1 to go...the 30th should be good fun...enema preps before dawn, LOL!

All should go well there, my new colorectal surgeon is ranked #1 in the entire metroplex area as voted by his peers. My butt is in some good hands, LOL!

I'll be glad to get this all 'behind' me:)

LOL!

Thanks for asking, Kim!

And Brenda...I'm glad I got a smile out of you! It was my feeble attempt to write some humor:) I thought it was pretty good too:) Made even me grin:)

-Craig

Great there are no polyps!.
    Great there are no polyps!. (I still haven't had "air blown up the tailpipe" because of continuous treatment, so I'm constantly worried about that, too).
    Craig, how long had it been since your port was last flushed prior to this last time...just curious. Oh heck, all the things that can malfunction....
  • Mchapp
    Mchapp Member Posts: 95
    Sundanceh said:

Kim and Brenda.....
    Hey Kim

LOL!

Scope looks clear - no polyps or anything - they did send out a biopsy of the anastomosis that I should have by week's end, but she doesn't think there are any issues, just a precaution.

Found out my port clotted again when they tried to access....as soon as the scope ended, I got up and went down the street to the infusion center and asked for some TPA in the port to dissolve the clot......40 minute wait but that worked and we got 'return.'

Always something, but glad they found it....I had a couple of stabbing hurting pains in my chest near that area a day or 2 prior, but dismissed it....once she could not get return from the port...I knew what I needed to do and what the problem was. After the 'drano', it worked fine.

All should go well there, my new colorectal surgeon is ranked #1 in the entire metroplex area as voted by his peers. My butt is in some good hands, LOL!

LOL!

Thanks for asking, Kim!

And Brenda...I'm glad I got a smile out of you! It was my feeble attempt to write some humor:) I thought it was pretty good too:) Made even me grin:)

-Craig

Santa Craig!
    Oh "Santa" Craig! I have not been on here for MONTHS - and you were the one I wanted to find! YEA!!!
    I am glad your brain scan was clear - and I'm sorry that you are still having port issues - but you always take things well! And you certainly got me thru my 18 month of treatment and surgeries!

I had my check up in Dec - don't have to have a colonoscopy for 3 years - and scans have been clear...still having the neruopathy in my feet - but I try not to let it affect my day...still fatigued at the end of the day....

My father is currently in the fight for his life...he was dx with lung, bone and brain mets - at 82....he is fighting like a MAN - but his body is not being very nice - other systems are failing - and he is not ready to give up yet....It is quite hard for me to watch this - as we know what radiation and chemo does - and he at 82 (who acts like he is 62) trys to fight this horrible beast!

I plan on stopping on here in 2012 on a regular basis - so keep posting - and help others keep on fighting like you!

- Michelle
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Kim and Brenda.....
    Hey Kim

LOL!

LOL!

Thanks for asking, Kim!

-Craig

WooHoooo
    Now that is my type of reason for celebrating. Sorry to hear about your port, but I've heard that can happen from time to time and it's better to get it taken care of right away. Yup 1 down and 1 to go so you can get this New Year started on a positive note. So glad all went well. Hoping and praying that the end of the years surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Hugs! Kim
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    Ah dancing with the stars!
    Oh my I do enjoyed your version of what's going on for the holidays, you sure do have a witty and positive attitude! I'll be thinking of you also, I'm spending new years probably in bed as I'm having chemo on Thursday and it's back to folfiri/ avastin, the 5fu and avastin did not keep things at bay. As always I do enjoy your posts! Happy New Year Craig!
    Aloha,
    Donna
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    It's Official:)
    I just got a call from my GI...the scope went well and without a hitch...she did take a biopsy of the anastomis area, because she did not do that last time and wanted to check this time. She felt like it was nothing to be concerned with, but as a precaution wanted to check it out.

Of course, that always leaves the barn door in your wide open - even when in your head, you think you're ok.

And that's just what I am.....Ok...no evidence of cancer at the site or anywhere in the colon or rectum.

Still, it's just good to know - you know?

So, now we're to the surgery Friday morning....gonna' remove a hemi as an ectomy and then I'll learn how to sit down once again...

I'm optimistic as I've got the #1 colorectal surgeon in the entire D/FW area - as voted by his peers, so I'm in good hands.

On another note, yesterday (27th) had me thinking.....that's when I was in the hospital with my liver RFA...rang in the new year too...It's now been officially 4-years LATER since they told me I probably would not see another year come in.

Always good to be reminded of where we were - so we know how to get to where we want to be.

Happy New Year!

-Craig
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Sundanceh said:

I just got a call from my GI...the scope went well and without a hitch...she did take a biopsy of the anastomis area, because she did not do that last time and wanted to check this time. She felt like it was nothing to be concerned with, but as a precaution wanted to check it out.

Of course, that always leaves the barn door in your wide open - even when in your head, you think you're ok.

And that's just what I am.....Ok...no evidence of cancer at the site or anywhere in the colon or rectum.

So, now we're to the surgery Friday morning....gonna' remove a hemi as an ectomy and then I'll learn how to sit down once again...

I'm optimistic as I've got the #1 colorectal surgeon in the entire D/FW area - as voted by his peers, so I'm in good hands.

On another note, yesterday (27th) had me thinking.....that's when I was in the hospital with my liver RFA...rang in the new year too...It's now been officially 4-years LATER since they told me I probably would not see another year come in.

Always good to be reminded of where we were - so we know how to get to where we want to be.

Happy New Year!

-Craig

I did a little happy danse,
    I did a little happy danse, when I read your post. Way to go Craig.
    I realy wish you many many more new years to welcome in.
    hugs,
    Marjan
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Happy New Year!

-Craig

Hi Craig
    I'm glad that your scope came out clear. What a relief! I'm due for mine at the end of next month. I'll have to ask my GI if he is going to do a biopsy of my anastomosis. I was unaware of that procedure. Thanks.
    I'm assuming when you said "hemi as an ectomy" that you are referring to a hemorrhoidectomy. I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles in tail pipe area. OUCH! I'll be praying that you don't have to use that foam donut for too long. I'm glad that you have a good surgeon, that in and of itself takes away most of the worry.
    Happy New Year,
    Karen

Oh, Congrats on 4 years! YAY! You sure showed them! Send them a copy of your book.lol