Are these mouth ulcers?

AussieMaddie
AussieMaddie Member Posts: 345 Member
Hi,

sorry I haven't long to stay online tonight. Tired all the time.

I've become aware for a few weeks at least of, at first, a little sore just inside my bottom lip which I've kept fom drying out by constantly applying "Oralife" peppermind lip treatment to it (which is supposed to be medicated). It has now become three small such "lumps". Still mostly inside the mouth, but the larger now a fraction outside the mouth. Able finally to see it more clearly, they are not a blood blisters, but neither are are they sore (though they would be if they were broken) They look like white puss-filled blisters. If they are ulcers (which I've never had - unless they are the same as what I had early in the course of my first chemo. In that case, they lined only the outside of my bottom lip and were *very* painful. I had to apply lignocaine ointment regularly. They didn't prevent me from eating. And they don't this time either, but the look and feel of them is very different. They weren't puss-filled then.

So I don't know what these are, or how best to deal with them.

Any advice greatly receceive :)

AussieMaddie

Comments

• westie66
    westie66 Member Posts: 642
    Mouth Sores
    Hi AussieMaddie: I got mouth sores when I was on the oxaliplatin + irenotecan + 5FU chemo treatment. The oncologist ordered a special mouth wash for me that worked well. I don't have them any more. If you want the names of the ingredients of the mixture, let me know.
    Merry Christmas to the land down under!
    Cheryl
  • AussieMaddie
    AussieMaddie Member Posts: 345 Member
    westie66 said:

Mouth Sores
    Hi AussieMaddie: I got mouth sores when I was on the oxaliplatin + irenotecan + 5FU chemo treatment. The oncologist ordered a special mouth wash for me that worked well. I don't have them any more. If you want the names of the ingredients of the mixture, let me know.
    Merry Christmas to the land down under!
    Cheryl

Thank you Cheryl, I would
    Thank you Cheryl, I would like to know the ingredients of the mouth wash that you found so helpful.
    Thanks,
    AussieMaddie