At hospital - trying not to freak out

Options
taraHK
taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
Hi Dear Ones,

I'm sitting at the hospital, waiting to get slotted in for an MRI brain scan -- to evaluate whether or not I have brain mets - auugghh! Talk about stressful. Now I have to actually LIVE the advise I dish out to others -- you don't know till you get the results and in the meantime FEED THE FAITH, STARVE THE FEAR. And breathe.

I'm not really symptomatic except a severe headache. My onc seems to feel there is a good possibility of brain mets -- seen more and more in folk like me (living well with cancer over a long time). But, hey, don't know yet.

Apparently the prognosis for brain mets is very good if detected and treated quickly (who knew!). If I DO have mets, and they are amenable to surgery, I understand I could be looking at surgery within the next day or two. Merry Christmas! But, fast action is good.

And we're not there yet! In the meantime, I accept with pleasure any and all prayers and other expressions of good wishes you may wish to send (even through the air -- don't feel obliged to write). My dear CNS 'family' who has helped me through so much over the past 9 years....

Tara

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Tara
    Tara, I have you in my prayers. I pray you have a regular headache, but if you don't that you will be treated immediately. Lori
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Tara
    Wow, I'm shocked as you must be too. I know it's easy to give advice but not always so easy to follow it but try to imagine you're offering someone else the advice. You're spot on with there not being anything else to do now but wait.

It's uplifting to hear that the prognosis is very good for brain mets if that's the case. You're definitely in my thoughts Tara...
    {{{hugs}}}
    -phil
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Dear Tara, I'm sending

Dear Tara, I'm sending prayers your way for a clear MRI. And yes, breathe deeply and try to think of peaceful thoughts while waiting. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Cynthia
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Tara:
    I just logged on and read your post. I am so sorry you are given this additional worry. You have been at this a long time so you know not to freak until there is something to freak about, I know, easier said than done.

Hopefully knowing so many people are pulling for you is of some comfort to you. Of course, prayers are being sent your way.

Take care my friend.

Hugs Tina
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi Tara,
    I just want to

Hi Tara,
    I just want to share that my husband woke up with a bad headadche one night so we were off to the ER to see if they could help. The first thing the doc did was mention the possibility of brain mets. I was terrified but it turned out to be just a headache (nothing on head scan). I know how hard it is to wait but I hope it helps to know that there are people thinking and praying for you while you are waiting.
    God bless you!
    Brenda
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    take care
    Hi Tara,

Scary- I'm sorry you're going through that now. I hope you will find out your results (and that they will be good) soon, so you don't have to wait long.
    As Phil said, it is good to know that the prognosis is good as long as you get to them early. I didn't know that headache is a possible sign of brain mets- I just always thought the dizziness and having trouble keeping your balance were the signs. Now I'll try not to worry each time I get a headache.

Let us know what you find out- I hope and pray it's just nothing.

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

take care
    Hi Tara,

Scary- I'm sorry you're going through that now. I hope you will find out your results (and that they will be good) soon, so you don't have to wait long.
    As Phil said, it is good to know that the prognosis is good as long as you get to them early. I didn't know that headache is a possible sign of brain mets- I just always thought the dizziness and having trouble keeping your balance were the signs. Now I'll try not to worry each time I get a headache.

Let us know what you find out- I hope and pray it's just nothing.

Hugs,
    Lisa

Tara, I'm at an airport -
    Tara, I'm at an airport - off to get a scan tomorrow.....worried as usual. I will be thinking of you all day. Hope this is nothing. You want prayers?? You got 'em from across the pond. :)
  • LAF53
    LAF53 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Tara
    This cancer stuff if the scariest stuff going. Take some deep breaths, and try to think happy thoughts. I know we are all hoping for only the best for you.
    Lydia
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    LAF53 said:

Tara
    This cancer stuff if the scariest stuff going. Take some deep breaths, and try to think happy thoughts. I know we are all hoping for only the best for you.
    Lydia

dearest Tara
    blow me away darling.....where the h&^% did this come from?

Sending all prayers and good wishes..... and nice slow yoga breathing too....

Sending love to you Tara and holding your hand

mags
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    You Got It
    Prayers being sent your way. Hopefully it's not mets but glad that surgery could come that fast. Wishing you the best and keep us informed as to how the results came out.

Kim
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    you got my prayers
    dear tara,

try and pray or meditate to calm your mind.
    i hope your test is clear.

hugs,
    pete
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear this
    Very sorry to hear this news! Crossing my fingers and toes that it is only a headache. Please post again after you get talk with the doctor.
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    tommycat said:

Very sorry to hear this
    Very sorry to hear this news! Crossing my fingers and toes that it is only a headache. Please post again after you get talk with the doctor.

Hey Tara....
    Prayers...good vibes..... and anything else I can muster up is being set your way.

Jennie
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Tara,
    Sending the advice you

Tara,
    Sending the advice you give back to ya. Hope it's just a headache, it really
    could be just that. Sorry you have to go through this worry.
    Laura
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    lauragb said:

Tara,
    Sending the advice you

Tara,
    Sending the advice you give back to ya. Hope it's just a headache, it really
    could be just that. Sorry you have to go through this worry.
    Laura

Tara I had been most of November with severe headache and
    other symptoms like instability,and blurry vision! had MRI and was nothing but side effects from chemo. So I wish you the same results that I had!
    Will be praying for you dear Friend!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    THK
    Hi Tara

I just had an MRI scan for mCRC mets to the brain just a couple of weeks ago. I got Meneire's back this year and suffered some of the worst vertigo spells I've ever had. It got my mind to wondering as well...the results came back Clear.

I'll stop here until you can tell us more...it's the holiday after all.

Waiting anxiously for anything that you will have to tell us:)

-Craig
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

THK
    Hi Tara

I just had an MRI scan for mCRC mets to the brain just a couple of weeks ago. I got Meneire's back this year and suffered some of the worst vertigo spells I've ever had. It got my mind to wondering as well...the results came back Clear.

I'll stop here until you can tell us more...it's the holiday after all.

Waiting anxiously for anything that you will have to tell us:)

-Craig

Having your back Tara, with
    Having your back Tara, with good vibes and prayers.
    hugs Marjan
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    ~hugz~
    Best wishes for good outcomes Tara!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Tara
    Sending you nothing but prayers and good wishes, please let us know how you are.