Chemo drug Navalbine

erica65
erica65 Member Posts: 20
edited December 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi to all,

Just wondering if anyone tried navalbine chemo and that it was unsucessful. I was put on it 3 mos ago and my cea markers are going up not down. I have my 3 mos PET scan this upcomming Friday nd I pray that nothing else apppears other then spots on liver. I am really upset but taking it 1 day at a time. I understand there are several other chemos that there are out there targeted out there for my liver and feelback on this and etc .My numbers all look great but we are trying to figure out why they are on the rise. I am open to any suggestions and will try any thing i need to. I am looking for anyones advice and suggestions. I have lots of faith in my onco but out after 15 mos of battling and battling stage 4 breast cancer I am very burnt out.

Thanks to all my support and love and care this site has givin me thru all good bad happy sad and just helping me get thru.

Hugs to all and happ holidays:)

Erica

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Hi Erica
    Sorry that the drug is not working the way your oncologist has been anticipating. Not too many people on this drug, because it is not the first line of therapy and prescribed when others more common breast cancer drugs are not working. If you use search function you will come across several discussions about this drug by breast cancer survivors. You can also ask on lung and other CSN boards.
    Keep us posted.
    Hoping this therapy is working fot you
    Hug
    New Flower
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Erica
    This is the one that I am currently on. I just finished my first round along with herceptin. I don't know yet how effective it is. What I do know is that the first 2 injections were very rough as I did not get any anti-nausea infusion with it. I was hugging the commode the second time for 3 days straight and that was followed by extreme constipation, although that could have also been from the methadone that I started on for the pain.

This is my third chemo since January, and the Abraxane and the second one (drawing a blank) on the name, did not penetrate the tumors and the cancer continued to spread. So he is trying something totally different which is adding herceptin at such a late stage. He said technically I was on the cusp for triple positive so it could only help to add the herceptin.

I won't know any different until February, but so far don't feel as though anything has changed, the pain is still here. I will post if there are any changes or any news either way.

Good luck, and I would love to hear if there are any changes on your end.

Thanks and prayers to you,
    Carol
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I really don't know anything
    I really don't know anything about it. Wwekend before lmast I ran into someone I've know 11 years but hadn't seen in quite awile at Commissary. Turns out since I had seem her her was DX IDC and has had a reoccurancy. She was on Navalbine and had good luck with it.

That's all I know.

Susan