Mags, how is your friend doing?

Options
Lovekitties
Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
Dear Mags, I was wondering how your friend was doing. Did she get an ostomy? Is she home yet?

Hugs to her for an easy recovery from surgery.

Hugs to you for being a great friend.

Marie who loves kitties

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Marie
    Dearest Marie....thank you so much for asking. It is just about as bad as it can be. They did put her under to do the colostomy but when they opened the abdomen there were tumours everywhere strangling the bowel. She has not a bowel movement in weeks.....and apparently the colostomy is not working. She is still in hospital and has given up walking and sitting up. She is quite fatigued....no food although she has IV's in and out. All this week she has been vomiting fecal material.

They are talking about sending her home but i assume this means they will let her die there.

I cannot think of any solution for her now....we seem to be nearing the end.

thank you,

maggie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

Marie
    Dearest Marie....thank you so much for asking. It is just about as bad as it can be. They did put her under to do the colostomy but when they opened the abdomen there were tumours everywhere strangling the bowel. She has not a bowel movement in weeks.....and apparently the colostomy is not working. She is still in hospital and has given up walking and sitting up. She is quite fatigued....no food although she has IV's in and out. All this week she has been vomiting fecal material.

They are talking about sending her home but i assume this means they will let her die there.

thank you,

maggie

Sorry
    So sorry to hear that, what awful news. Wish there was something that they can do for her. It's hard when you hear news like that with not even the colostomy working. So very sad.

Kim
  • maglets
    Options

Sorry
    So sorry to hear that, what awful news. Wish there was something that they can do for her. It's hard when you hear news like that with not even the colostomy working. So very sad.

Kim

thank you
    Thank you Kim: I try to go about my day and my mind turns to her about every 30 seconds. sometimes I can sleep sometimes not.....they are discouraging having friends at the hospital.
    It is sad....

mags
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

thank you
    Thank you Kim: I try to go about my day and my mind turns to her about every 30 seconds. sometimes I can sleep sometimes not.....they are discouraging having friends at the hospital.
    It is sad....

mags

I'm so sorry...
    about your friend. I hope they let her come home, and that you will be able to spend some time with her. Hugs to you and to her-Ann
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry...
    about your friend. I hope they let her come home, and that you will be able to spend some time with her. Hugs to you and to her-Ann

Mags
    I'm so sorry your friend's condition is worsening. If she is sent home, do you have Hospice in Canada? It is my understanding that at least they can help her to be a little more comfortable. My thoughts will be with you.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

Marie

thank you,

maggie

Dear One
    So very sorry to hear that she is doing so poorly.

Certainly there is something they could do to make her more comfortable. Am surprised that while they had her open they didn't do something to remove the fecal matter that is there.

Is there no alternative to sending her home? Hospice? Since she lives in a rural area, it seems too sad to just send her home.

While this is a very difficult time of the year to have a loved one so near the end, I know that the angels are there to receive her when the time comes and she will once again be whole and without pain.

Hugs and love to you at this difficult time.

Marie who loves kitties
  • maglets
    Options

Dear One
    So very sorry to hear that she is doing so poorly.

Certainly there is something they could do to make her more comfortable. Am surprised that while they had her open they didn't do something to remove the fecal matter that is there.

Is there no alternative to sending her home? Hospice? Since she lives in a rural area, it seems too sad to just send her home.

While this is a very difficult time of the year to have a loved one so near the end, I know that the angels are there to receive her when the time comes and she will once again be whole and without pain.

Hugs and love to you at this difficult time.

Marie who loves kitties

no
    no we have no hospice. i worry that the trip home will be too much and then when she gets home there is no nursing care for all the machines. They live out in the country up a huge hill....it will have to be ambulance and stretcher. It is all just so unsure.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart...on we go. Gosh I hope we can control the pain.

mags
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

no
    no we have no hospice. i worry that the trip home will be too much and then when she gets home there is no nursing care for all the machines. They live out in the country up a huge hill....it will have to be ambulance and stretcher. It is all just so unsure.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart...on we go. Gosh I hope we can control the pain.

mags

Oh Maggie, I am so sorry
    Oh Maggie, I am so sorry she's going through this. I don't understand why did they not put an NG tube in so she wouldn't be vomiting this stuff!!!
  • maglets
    Options
    smokeyjoe said:

Oh Maggie, I am so sorry
    Oh Maggie, I am so sorry she's going through this. I don't understand why did they not put an NG tube in so she wouldn't be vomiting this stuff!!!

ah thanks
    thanks you guys....she did have an NG tube and they took it out a few days ago. I think it was really uncomfortable although I do not know how she vomiting with all those stitches.

I remember after liver surgery with a belly full of stitches....I used to pray that that I did not have to laugh or sneeze or cough cuz it all hurt so much.

I notice she is pushing her morphine button more and more.....

mags
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

ah thanks
    thanks you guys....she did have an NG tube and they took it out a few days ago. I think it was really uncomfortable although I do not know how she vomiting with all those stitches.

I remember after liver surgery with a belly full of stitches....I used to pray that that I did not have to laugh or sneeze or cough cuz it all hurt so much.

I notice she is pushing her morphine button more and more.....

mags

MM
    Such a sad story, Maggie. How awful when things get to this point. I'm sure if they are discouraging visitors, it must be for a good reason. I'm sure it would be most difficult to witness.

Wishing you peace and a dash of comfort during these days....

-Craig
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

MM
    Such a sad story, Maggie. How awful when things get to this point. I'm sure if they are discouraging visitors, it must be for a good reason. I'm sure it would be most difficult to witness.

Wishing you peace and a dash of comfort during these days....

-Craig

Maglets just tell you , you got my solidarity and prayers.
    Must be very hard moments for you , I pray no pain for her !
    Hugs.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

Marie

thank you,

maggie

The circle of life is very
    The circle of life is very hard to swallow when there is suffering involved. I too hope your friend has a peaceful end.
    God bless....and a heart hug to you.....
    Your Friend in California~