Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

We're all different
    There are women and men here who are all the different types, stages, years of survivalship, socio/economic status and ages.

Me - I'm 65. Was DX'd at 63 in Aug 2009 with IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) and 17 days after DX started chemo followed shortly by surgery, more chemo, rads and will be on Femara forever. I'm riding NED (No Evidence of Disease) - most dance with NED but I can't. NEB. Am I the same person I was before BC - no but then I wouldn't be the same person after 2 years anyway. I can do anything I want to or need to.

We are each unique - no 2 of us are the same or have the same reaction to what we have to go through.
    . Ask all the questions you have but do not expect to have to deal with what any individual has, you may but you may not - there is no "one size fits all".

Susan

Welcome .. little be ---
    Happy you found our sisterhood of SURVIVORS. I am sadden by why you had to find us,
    and by the news that you are the 3rd woman in your family to battle this beast
    we call breast cancer.

Chemo is invasive, and each of us -- reacts differently to chemo, the infusions, and
    layers of side efforts of chemo. Chemo was unkind to me, but that is another story
    for another day.

Just know that you will survive chemo and come out Victorious --

Strength, Courage and Hope for a CURE.

Vicki Sam