Need help with spreading word about EC

Options
AngieD
AngieD Member Posts: 493
I'm going to be working on a Christmas letter this weekend. It will be going to some that have not heard about Larry's EC. I want to include a "public service message" about the increase in EC, correlation with gastric reflux, symptoms, etc. Is there a nice concise statement I can use?
Angie

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    ECAN has some great information
    Angie,

The Esophageal Cancer Action Network (ECAN) has excellent information about esophageal cancer and the specifics and statistics about causes, treatment, and future research objectives. You can find their web site at:

ECAN Home Page

Here is a good overview of the growth in EC diagnosis over the last few years:

EC Facts

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options
    paul61 said:

ECAN has some great information
    Angie,

The Esophageal Cancer Action Network (ECAN) has excellent information about esophageal cancer and the specifics and statistics about causes, treatment, and future research objectives. You can find their web site at:

ECAN Home Page

Here is a good overview of the growth in EC diagnosis over the last few years:

EC Facts

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
    Links?
    Paul,

How are you adding "live" links in your posts?

Thanks!

Terry
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    TerryV said:

Links?
    Paul,

How are you adding "live" links in your posts?

Thanks!

Terry

I add the active links by using HTML code
    Terry,

I add active links to my posts by bracketing them with the actual HTML Code that tells the web browser that they are web addresses. If you send me a PM with your email address, I can send you a word document with an example of the hypertext Markup Code (HTML) required to do this.

I can't include an example in a post because when it is embedded in a post the browser interprets and hides the HTML code.

Regards,

Paul
  • Cora11
    Cora11 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    paul61 said:

I add the active links by using HTML code
    Terry,

I add active links to my posts by bracketing them with the actual HTML Code that tells the web browser that they are web addresses. If you send me a PM with your email address, I can send you a word document with an example of the hypertext Markup Code (HTML) required to do this.

I can't include an example in a post because when it is embedded in a post the browser interprets and hides the HTML code.

Regards,

Paul

Heartburn causes Cancer
    I might start with the above statement and then go from there. And yes, ECAN has a lot of info .

Cora