Been MIA. Posted new pic

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
It seems life flashed by since the time I spent in Hershey with pink sisters. The picture is not the best (hubby took it) but I'm the one in the middle. Many times I was unable to get on the website, but try to check in occasionally. I look at fb pink sisters more often.

We were without power for 8 days starting with the Hershey trip. November seems to have disappeared. Now, it's almost Christmas and I just don't have any motivation to decorate. My mother-in-law passed away about 10 days ago after suffering a massive stroke. I've been seeing a physchologist to try to find out why I eat. Rejoined WW but still struggling to lose weight while on Arimidex. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said I healed very well and I see him again in 6 months after getting an xray (instead of mammo). Two weeks ago I saw my radiologist and he too said I healed well and don't need to see him again unless I encounter a problem. Tomorrow I will get the 2nd injections in my spine and hoping they really work. I also see my oncologist and hoping to get a good report. I had my annual physical on Monday and need to get my cholesterol and A1c checked.

I sent my ornament package out early December and happy to know my pink sister in Indiana is enjoying them. Watching for the Postman to deliver my surprise package. I wish each and everyone a happy holiday, full of promise and hope for a brighter tomorrow.
{{hugs}} Char

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Good to hear from you
    Hi Char-

Please don't stay away too long. So sorry to hear about your MIL's passing.

Sounds like you're doing well breast cancerwise. What's the spine thing? Seems like when we become "a certain age" all we do is have doctor appointments! Even my friends who did not have cancer seem to spend a lot of tine at medical appointments.

I, too, have absolutely zero motivation to decorate this year. Last year I was so happy to be alive and done with treatments, it was a real joy. Not at all this year. So I'm not doing it. It's too much work, kids are gone, we're not entertaining, etc.

Keep us up-to-date.

Suzanne
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Good to hear from you
    Hi Char-

Please don't stay away too long. So sorry to hear about your MIL's passing.

Sounds like you're doing well breast cancerwise. What's the spine thing? Seems like when we become "a certain age" all we do is have doctor appointments! Even my friends who did not have cancer seem to spend a lot of tine at medical appointments.

I, too, have absolutely zero motivation to decorate this year. Last year I was so happy to be alive and done with treatments, it was a real joy. Not at all this year. So I'm not doing it. It's too much work, kids are gone, we're not entertaining, etc.

Keep us up-to-date.

Suzanne

Char, so happy to hear from you
    I am sorry that your MIL passed away -- gentle hugs to your husband, and
    extended family.

Sounds like you are moving, and grooving and getting back to living -- that
    is with the exception of your back issue. Appointments, xrays, and doctors
    wanting to see are becoming less frequent -- Now, that is PROGRESS!

I also, have the ho hums regarding Christmas decorating, making cookies, and
    sending out Christmas cards -- Ugh! Like Suzanne, we are not... entertaining
    this year -- which is wacky. Apparently, the grinch stole my Christmas
    mojo!

Strength, Courage and Hope

Vicki Sam
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    VickiSam said:

extended family.

mojo!

Vicki Sam

Good to see you..
    So very sorry about your Mother in law....my sympathies to your family....Don't be so hard on yourself...:) everything takes time....healing, weight loss, regaining your life and health...take one day at a time...as for decorating for Christmas, let it go this year, because come January, no one will care that you didn't or even remember! Christmas is for family...I will only make 1 thing, food wise....and I use to bake my brains out! No one cares...I have adopted the attitude with my recurrence, that if I don't have to do it, I don't!

Again, be kind to yourself, you deserve it!
    Hugs, Merry Christmas and may the New Year be kind to you and yours
    Nancy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

extended family.

mojo!

Vicki Sam

So sorry to read of your
    So sorry to read of your mother in law. My sympathy to your family!

Love the pic! Looks like fun!

Lex
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    good to hear from you.
    It sounds like you were hit with a lot at once. My condolences.