Growning again?

Aashaki
Aashaki Member Posts: 5
My mom was dignosed in 2008 with NSCLC IV with mets to the brain and adrenal glands.She received her chemo and radiation with the DR stopping all treatment saying she was in remission less than a year later saying all brain tumors, scars ect were gone. Well, meanwhile we had some issues and was unable to carry insurance for her then we when we were able to get it again her DR would work with us on her spin down. NOT to meantion mom didnt want treatment any longer if it returned, she stated she was done.

So,now over a year later I was able to find a DR at a top hospital who will work with us for my mom to receive treatment once again now that she wants treatment.

We went in for the inital visit with the new DR and she had the MRI and PET so, now awaiting results. Today I receive a call from the radiation oncologist wanting to set up moms appointment to be seen with them too so, I ask does this mean its growing in the brain again or is it for the chest. Of course they wont tell me.But, I knew this was coming no matter how bad I didnt want it to be so!

She is getting migrains more than a few times a week lasting hours into the next day. Dizziness to the point if she isnt near a seat she falls, out of breath all the time and her cough is horriable with her gasping for air. so, now I want to know does this mean its in the brain again? Or......I know I need to very strong for my mom and I will do my best to be. Just not ready for all this all over again with her being sick, knowing what all this will lead to seems unsureal and I want to wake up now!

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Aashaki
    I am very sorry to hear that your Mom will need to fight this again. But just so you know there are many of us here like me who have done treatment twice and are doing well many years later. If it is OK with you I would also like to keep you Mom in prayer during her treatment.

Wishing you both well
    Hondo
  • Aashaki
    Aashaki Member Posts: 5
    Hondo said:

Hi Aashaki
    I am very sorry to hear that your Mom will need to fight this again. But just so you know there are many of us here like me who have done treatment twice and are doing well many years later. If it is OK with you I would also like to keep you Mom in prayer during her treatment.

Wishing you both well
    Hondo

Thank You Hondo
    Thank you for keeping us in your prayer! We find out Monday what all the test results are but, already know radiation is something she will be getting considering they called to set that up already. I'll keep you posted to what they show. Keeping my fingers crossed for something other than what I don't want to hear......

Many, many prayers go out to all who are fighting this or caring for someone who is!
    Aashaki