Dec 13,2010 my dad went to Jesus. What a year since....

Options
Dear EC Friends,

There are all new names, but a still a few of might remember me. My dad, Rich Anderson, was dx with ECIV July 13,10 and died Dec 13,10 after the 5 month roller coaster from Hell.

William, Sally, Sherri, and so many others were of great support. Thank you. I've tried to check in on the boards, but knew I would never heal that open hole in my heart, if I didn't step back and try to move forward without the daily stories and reminders of EC. Please know I pray for you all.

It still seems like yesterday..the suffering...fear..pain...the relief of when dad finally did die...and the guilt over everything.

Dec 13th I'm going to celebrate my dad's entrance to Heaven. He was so ready and at peace. He is the lucky one. We are the ones left to miss him on earth.

Looking back is 20/20 vision. But, one thing I will never regret is the deep meaningful words and conversations we shared. Nothing went unsaid. Hugs were tighter and long. I ran my fingers through is thick hair and layed my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat with my eyes closed, as I was his "little girl" in those moments. Not a 43 year old wife and mother. I learned more from him in those last 5 months. He lived his Faith til the end, when he no longer could speak his lips would still mouth the words to The Lord's Prayer. If only I could have him back for just one more day...even just 5 minutes.

I love and miss you Daddy-O! Richard Anderson, God is blessed to have YOU on his team!

Thank you....Deb in Nebraska

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    I remember your Dad's journey
    Deb,

It is hard to believe that a year has gone by already. I remember your posts and your Dad's journey. It seemed like such a short time between when he was diagnosed and when he left us.

I know you had a special relationship with him and that you miss him very much. I am sure you will be thinking of him with sadness tomorrow, but try to remember that it is only we who stay behind that feel the sadness. He is in a place where the pain and suffering of cancer is gone.

I hope you make some time tomorrow to think of happy times the two of you spent together.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thinking of You and Sending Hugs
    Hi Deb
    Your journey with your dad was very much like my journey with my dad. Congratulations on knowing to celebrate today, 12/13/11, for your dad's entrance into heaven. I will celebrate on 3/9/12. I too am so grateful for my close relationship with my dad. May our fathers have a wonderful holiday season in Heaven. I truly believe that every day is a holiday there! Richard Anderson and Ray Quackenbush may you both continue to RIP....until we meet again my dear friends.
    Tina in Va
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • lindadanis
    lindadanis Member Posts: 235
    Options
    I remember you also
    Dear Deb, I remember you and your story about your Dad last year., I, too, took a break from this website until recently, trying to deal with the loss of my dear husband Ed and my mom nine days later. I believe you and I use to write to each other. I can understand why you took a break, I also did, trying to pick up the pieces of our lives., it is not easy, it has been a little over a year for me, and I'm still trying. I pray for all of us who have lost someone to this terrible cancer and for all our loses.
    If you ever need someone to talk to, please private message me. I wish you the very best.

Linda