Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    trixytwo said:

YES
    Been a week. Prob not the nicest person around these days though. Lol. Between that and first injection of zometa which has every muscle and joint screaming, i hope the hubby doesnt pack up and leave. Actually, hes been very supportive.

Congrats on a week! That is
    Congrats on a week! That is huge! Keep it up and keep updating us on your progress!

Hugs, Diane
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    MellieMc said:

Quitting
    I stopped smoking in 1999. I used a website. Quitnet.org I'm not sure if it still viable, but it helped alot.

I made cig soup...gross. I put ashes in a jar with water and buts. When I wanted a smoke I'd look at that or take a whiff. I also once ate a clove of garlic. Just don't smoke one. I quit cold turkey. Before that I had tried patches and gum. I smoked 2 packs a day. I'm grateful I don't smoke today. I know it is a challenge to stop smoking. I planned my quit date too.

Good luck to you! remember just one reignites the cravings.

Congrats on quitting! I
    Congrats on quitting! I hope that it will get easier for you!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • missingtexas
    missingtexas Member Posts: 146
    Options
    trixytwo said:

YES
    Been a week. Prob not the nicest person around these days though. Lol. Between that and first injection of zometa which has every muscle and joint screaming, i hope the hubby doesnt pack up and leave. Actually, hes been very supportive.

I've just sort of skimmed
    I've just sort of skimmed through this but I hope your quitting is going smoothly! I quit about a week before my mammogram because I had this weird feeling I had lung cancer...as it turns out it wasn't my lungs. BUT, the week leading up to the day I quit, they just weren't tasting the same to me, so I just stopped. For me I never looked back but I had quit in the past and gone back and craved and all of that. This time for some reason I had none of that. Fast forward to a few months ago. My husband chewed snuff...he quit with Chantix. He says that he still has cravings...not as badly though (but he also stopped taking it a few weeks after he quit.) I hope you are having lots of success...I love that your husband is supportive...I should have been more so when mine was quitting chewing. Gum, walks, etc. Somebody (I hope this wasn't mentioned...I didn't read very thoroughly) told me to put a paperclip in your pocket and to pull it out and play with it when you want to smoke. It's a good "occupy the hands" thing. Yea for the first week!!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

When I quit
    I used hard peppermint candies to keep my mouth occupied. It worked well for me. It does take a lot of determination but it is well worth it. I am so glad I quit after being a smoker for 30 years. Good Luck...you can do it!

Hugs,
    Georgia

Good luck!
    When my hubby quit, he chewed a LOT of gum. It worked for him!