Ok onto the next

Options
davevg
davevg Member Posts: 114
Got the word from Johns Hopkins on Friday my wife is not a candidate for surgery. That just sucks as it means one less weapon in the arsenal. I will be calling there oncology department today so they can review her stuff while its there and give any chemo suggestions or maybe they have a trial or clinical going she could get on. Her Doctor is checking into Sloan in NY as well. Tag teaming this so to speak.

Dave VG

Comments

• davevg
    Options
    Sorry had to do this extra
    Sorry had to do this extra post to get past that #13
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    davevg said:

Sorry had to do this extra
    Sorry had to do this extra post to get past that #13

Sorry that surgery is not an
    Sorry that surgery is not an option for your wife, Dave. It amazes me to read some women have 2 or 3 de-bulking surgeries. I was told that if the bulk of the disease was gone & there were a couple of nodules left, then surgery would be appropriate for me.

I think there is a lot of scar tissue formed after the initial de-bulking surgery that makes subsequent surgeries more difficult & time-consuming.

Please let us know what option she chooses.

(((hugs to both of you)))
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    HOPING FOR THE BEST
    I know that's not the news you wanted to hear, Dave. But there still must be other options to evaluate. And it sounds as though your wife has a good doctor and health care system. Sending prayers and hugs to both of you for strength and alternatives. Hoping to hear from you again soon with good news.

Monika
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a great team
    working for you both. I'll be checking back to see what they come up with for the next move.
    (((hugs))) mARIA
  • davevg
    Options
    Mwee said:

Sounds like you've got a great team
    working for you both. I'll be checking back to see what they come up with for the next move.
    (((hugs))) mARIA

Thank you
    Thank you all for the words of encouragement. You are all in our prayers. Johns Hopkins medical onc is supposed to call me this morning. Funny how surgical onc and medical onc are like 2 different entities there even though they treat the same disease.
  • davevg
    Options
    So the next step is set in
    So the next step is set in motion at Johns Hopkins medical onc. I called them Monday and they got back to me yesterday and scheduled us to come down there on January 11 for a second opinion and to see if she is eligible for any trials or clinicals. Hope you all don't mind if I kind of use this post as a blog.
  • shelfish
    shelfish Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Candidate
    Not sure if this helps but our doctor told my mom that her CA125 has to be less than 50 for her to have the surgery. It is at 48 as of 2 weeks ago. Not sure of your wife's numbers. I know CA125 is not the key to everything but it is what our doctor told us. There has to be other factors involved. Hoping you get better news.
  • paris11
    paris11 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    davevg said:

So the next step is set in
    So the next step is set in motion at Johns Hopkins medical onc. I called them Monday and they got back to me yesterday and scheduled us to come down there on January 11 for a second opinion and to see if she is eligible for any trials or clinicals. Hope you all don't mind if I kind of use this post as a blog.

Dave, please do use this site as a blog
    I think most of us on this board appreciate all information.

I am hoping that Johns Hopkins will offer you positive options.

Warmest wishes,

Connie