Makeup allergies/skin sensitivity

JenniferO
JenniferO Member Posts: 12
Hey - has anyone developed a sensitivity to eye makeup during or after treatment? I just finished 4 rounds of taxotere/cytoxan and start radiation next week. Lately my eyes are watery and when I put makeup on it gets worse and almost burns a little. Has anyone had this and if so, can you recommend a specific brand of makeup that might be better? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    It's...
    The watery eyes are from the chemo..it will stop...but it takes time...especially if you lost your eyelashes! So I don't think it matters what type of make up you use....don't know off hand what brand would be good..I just used my regular brands...

Hugs, Nancy
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    MAJW said:

It's...
    The watery eyes are from the chemo..it will stop...but it takes time...especially if you lost your eyelashes! So I don't think it matters what type of make up you use....don't know off hand what brand would be good..I just used my regular brands...

Hugs, Nancy

I didn't take chemo or radiaton
    I didnt take chemo or radiation but my eyelids are scaley now.I use Maybelline and never had a problem.I take tamoxfin.Don't know if that would cause it but want to ask my doctor.It's just my eyelids red and scabby.Not real noticeable but I can peel some scabbing.Like really really dry skin.

Lynn Smith