Infection and (maybe) not cancer

Options
Buzz just received the results of his CT of the neck. It showed the mass to be much smaller with resolution of the abscess he had in September. He still has swelling under his chin and along the muscle on the left side of the neck but this swelling has been attributed to the infection! For now, he no longer will be getting PET scans as he lights up all over the place! Next scan in February. We will really get to enjoy Christmas this year. Karen

Comments

• Sue22
    Sue22 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Hope the swelling goes
    Hope the swelling goes down.
    Get ready for a marvelous xmas :) Sue
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Enjoy your Christmas!!
    Sounds encouraging!! Will keep you both in my prayers that Feb, scan shows NED!!

Enjoy your holidays,
    Glenna
  • longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Best idea yet
    not doing the scans while going through a process known to produce false-positives. Worthy of a holiday. Merry XMas!

Pat
  • sue5749
    sue5749 Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Enjoy your Christmas!!
    Sounds encouraging!! Will keep you both in my prayers that Feb, scan shows NED!!

Enjoy your holidays,
    Glenna

supargottic cancer
    Hi Glenna, I know that you had the same kind of cancer as my husband and was just wondering how are you doing now? May husband still has supragottic cancer and still has the track and feeding tube. It has almost been one year. They have him on Erbatox was on Cisplatan but that made him too sick was in and out of the hospital all the time. He says he is having a lot of trouble breathing and has a lot of mucus. His cancer doctor says " They can treat it but can't cure it" Sue
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen
    Great news and just in time for the holidays, I go on the 8th for another PET and like Buzz I will more than likely light up the scan like a Christmas tree. I hope not this time but for me it is normal.

Take care
    Hondo
  • brigboo67
    brigboo67 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Have a great Christmas
    Buzz's situation sounds alot like my mom's. Enjoy the break and have a great Christmas
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Karen
    Well, that is encouraging. Glad for some good news. Enjoy Christmas.
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Have a good one
    Hi Karen, good news on the last CT. Let's hope the next one in February will be even a little better. Time to watch some parades and games on TV, and relax. Sounds like a lot of us coming due. I'm up for a scan in January. It's not scheduled, but I know it's time. I'll call my ENT and get him to schedule it. I'm firing my medical onc, and going back to my original as he was a very skilled pratitioner, meaning he listened to what I had to say. My rad oncologist moved to the coast, and I've not had reason to see her replacement. I'm team leader now.

best to you both, Hal
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Dear Karen, This news is
    Dear Karen, This news is very encouraging. You two have had so much bad news, you must have been in shock. I really hoping the infection is on it's way out and Buzz has a clean scan in Feb. Enjoy Christmas and relax if possible. You & Buzz deserve a break! Take care, Homer & Connie
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Karen,
    Sounds encouraging.

Karen,

Sounds encouraging. Relax and enjoy the holidays with family and friends. I am praying for good news in February.

Debbie
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    jim and i said:

Karen,
    Sounds encouraging.

Karen,

Sounds encouraging. Relax and enjoy the holidays with family and friends. I am praying for good news in February.

Debbie

Good news
    Karen,

Tell Buzz to sit back and enjoy the Holidays. So glad to see this!

Greg