Condition Update

Options
2»

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Hey Robert! Thanks for all
    Hey Robert! Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts, they're coming back at you. As for a 'diet'...the only thing that ever worked for me besides chemo was counting the grams of fat I ate in a day. I picked a number and tried to stay under that every day, as long as I didn't add too much sugar (lots of calories and little fat there) it worked. Glad to hear your onc is happy with your progress.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    RE said:

FANTASTIC!
    That is very good news, glad it all went well those appointments can be unnerving. Actually the good all you can eat diet is Weight Watchers, over the last year I have lost 50lbs with that program and I must say I feel better! My daughter joined 3 months ago and has lost 20 lbs to date. Okay enough diet talk, happy to hear your wife is also doing well!

Keep up the good health!!!

RE

Good news Robert! Wishing
    Good news Robert! Wishing you and your wife a Merry Christmas!
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

Hey Robert! Thanks for all
    Hey Robert! Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts, they're coming back at you. As for a 'diet'...the only thing that ever worked for me besides chemo was counting the grams of fat I ate in a day. I picked a number and tried to stay under that every day, as long as I didn't add too much sugar (lots of calories and little fat there) it worked. Glad to hear your onc is happy with your progress.

Hugs,

Linda

good news
    Thanks for sharing your good news with us!

Wish I could help with the diet, I'm a sugarholic, so can't help much.

Hugs,
    Debi
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Because I'm just so much more chic than Sue...
    ...I have a $20 tower fan from Target right next to me in my office. There are days when I love it more than my girlfriend. :-)

I'm the Human Resources Manager, so I've told everyone it's a reasonable accommodation for my medical condition, and told those employees who eye it enviously that, if they ever so much as touch it, I'll cry "discrimination" so loud their ears will bleed!

:-) Traci

Great seeing you post Robert
    Great seeing you post Robert and very happy about your good results! Good luck losing weight and with the hot flashes. Leave it to Traci to make us all laugh about them. LOL

Hugs, Angie
  • ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Hot Flashes and Weight Loss
    To all my Pink Sisters,thank you so very much for your replys and some good advice on weight loss. We have thought about Weight Watchers several times, but I was not sure about the cost of it. Now that I am retired we have had to make some cuts to our spending. We did start a "diet" where we ate nothing but fresh fruits & vegetables for 5 days(to clense us). Then we gradually started adding protein after that. We still eat 60% of fruits & vegetables, 20% protein and 20% carbohydrates. I want to tell you all that I have lost 20lbs. in the last four weeks. So if any of you ladies find any of it,please return it to me as quickly as possable! HA HA HA HA!!! No thanks ladies, just kidding. If you do see it keep away from it, please! LOL.

Now as far as Hot Flashes, yes,fans were my best friends,too. Not as drastiaclly as Traci's case,but I guess they get that way being in California. You know, too many earthquakes and too much sun(shake & bake).HAHAHAHA!!!!

Well, I can't top that so I'll end this post now. Again, thank you all for your replies. Love,Hugs & Prayers to all,Robert
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Hot Flashes and Weight Loss
    To all my Pink Sisters,thank you so very much for your replys and some good advice on weight loss. We have thought about Weight Watchers several times, but I was not sure about the cost of it. Now that I am retired we have had to make some cuts to our spending. We did start a "diet" where we ate nothing but fresh fruits & vegetables for 5 days(to clense us). Then we gradually started adding protein after that. We still eat 60% of fruits & vegetables, 20% protein and 20% carbohydrates. I want to tell you all that I have lost 20lbs. in the last four weeks. So if any of you ladies find any of it,please return it to me as quickly as possable! HA HA HA HA!!! No thanks ladies, just kidding. If you do see it keep away from it, please! LOL.

Now as far as Hot Flashes, yes,fans were my best friends,too. Not as drastiaclly as Traci's case,but I guess they get that way being in California. You know, too many earthquakes and too much sun(shake & bake).HAHAHAHA!!!!

Well, I can't top that so I'll end this post now. Again, thank you all for your replies. Love,Hugs & Prayers to all,Robert

20 pounds!
    Wow Robert! That is great! Congrats! You are so funny!

Thanks for updating us and keep up the good work!

Hugs to you and your wife,

Debby
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    DebbyM said:

20 pounds!
    Wow Robert! That is great! Congrats! You are so funny!

Thanks for updating us and keep up the good work!

Hugs to you and your wife,

Debby

hey I resemble that...!
    I'm in California; SoCal... LOL =)
    Anyhoo, glad to hear of your positive events!

(((Hugs)))
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    jendrey said:

hey I resemble that...!
    I'm in California; SoCal... LOL =)
    Anyhoo, glad to hear of your positive events!

(((Hugs)))

You go Robert! That is
    You go Robert! That is awesome!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Robert
    So glad to hear your good news from your tests. And losing 20 lbs. is great! Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    ladyg said:

Robert
    So glad to hear your good news from your tests. And losing 20 lbs. is great! Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Congrats on your weight loss
    Congrats on your weight loss Robert and I hope you find something to help you with the hot flashes. You Go!

Hugs, Megan
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Megan M said:

Congrats on your weight loss
    Congrats on your weight loss Robert and I hope you find something to help you with the hot flashes. You Go!

Hugs, Megan

Yay for you!!!
    So glad your tests are good and losing 20 lbs is amazing! Thanks for all your prayers! Keep up the good work - take good care!
    -Jenny
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options

Great News!
    Hi Robert -- I just love good news and I really need to read more of those. I am very happy your blood work was good. I pray it continues that way moving forward, always.

I am eating better now, but it's all about qty. and quality, right? Funny how those two words go together...only for us. You eat less and try to have a healthy variety of foods. I think it's best to eat different things. I see a nutritionist for my diet. Have you ever considered seeing one yourself? It's very helpful. Since I am ER+ I am limited to certain foods (e.g. no soy, no dairy, unless organic - and very little, no meats only wild or organic farmed fish, etc..). I am sure you can do it! But I also know it's hard to change your ways after being so comfortable. :)

Great news about your wife. I love stories like that. So happy she is doing well too.

Thanks for checking up on us. Yes, we women talk and talk, and we seem to have more issues than men, right? What can I say, we are gifted. :)

Again, very happy for your news. And do post from time to time. We would like to know your progress.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

WOah!!!!! limited to
    WOah!!!!! limited to certain foods because of being ER+? Oh boy ... I have not been told anything about nutrition. I see the oncologist on Tuesday ... THIS is something I need to discuss it looks like. Seeing a nutritionist is a wonderful idea. You are just full of essential information!

Luv ya,
    Mary
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Robert .. So happy for you and your Wife...
    I'm doing my hap hap happy dance for you! As for the 'hot flashes' --grrrr and ugh! Fans do help .. even in the winter -- damn hormones!

I eat non stop on Weight Watchers which includes prime rib, baked potatoes -- In and Out burgers --- you name it, I can eat it. WW includes an on line program as well as local meetings.

Please chime in on any subject -- we 'WARRIORS' always enjoy a males prospective .. LOL

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Not only is your doctor and
    Not only is your doctor and you pleased with your results Robert, but, the pink sisters are ecstatic! I am shaking my tail to the happy dance for you!

Sue :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

good news
    Thanks for sharing your good news with us!

Wish I could help with the diet, I'm a sugarholic, so can't help much.

Hugs,
    Debi

I'm a sugarholic too Debi!
    I'm a sugarholic too Debi! lol Is there any hope for us?
  • Melaniedoingwell
    Options
    all you can eat diet
    sort of...

I have felt like my whole life was out of control - out of MY control, anyway - this whole year with diagnosis, bi-lat, chemo, radx, ongoing herceptin. So I (re-)joined Weight Watchers. All fruits and most vegetables are zero points on their points plus plan. So - if you like fruits and vegetables (which I do) - there you go - eat all you want of them!! Just saying - I am enjoying that and I am LOVING the feeling that I have some control back 100% in MY hands!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ballerina said:

I've Got the Perfect All You Can Eat Diet
    Hi Robert, I've got the perfect all you can eat diet. It's called Ballerina's rainbow diet. You mix some green veggies, yellow veggies, orange veggies and red veggies. Season to your taste. I usually use garlic and red onions. Sautee in olive old. Eat as much as you want slowly. You may pass gas a little but you will loose some weight. Oh! I have baked white potato or sweet potato on the side. Only eat as many veggies as you want.

Ballerina

Love reading your good news
    Love reading your good news Robert! Best of luck to you!