WE made it to December. Like thinking will I see 30 as a kid......

Options
chemosmoker
chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
edited December 2011 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Happy December. The birth month of our Lord and Savior. Regardless of WHAT we believe (if anything),

We are HERE. Back in June, I REALLY started the 'will we see Christmas, Brithdays, Spring, etc, etc.....

YOU?

We are ALL here together and by God may get a Christmas together.....deep breath...hold...

Comments

• mruble
    mruble Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Amen!
    Last year at Christmas we were told that, statistically speaking, Chad would not be here for another Christmas. This will be our third Christmas since diagnosis, and the third one that we weren't sure he'd be here for. So glad that both you and Chad are going to make it!
  • sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Options
    mruble said:

Amen!
    Last year at Christmas we were told that, statistically speaking, Chad would not be here for another Christmas. This will be our third Christmas since diagnosis, and the third one that we weren't sure he'd be here for. So glad that both you and Chad are going to make it!

2nd Christmas
    Coming up on my 2nd Christmas since Dx. This time last year I surely did not expect this but am so very happy about it. Off today for my 4th treatment in this cycle and my last CT scan indicated I am stable for now. Life is good. Sam
  • Wpturner05
    Wpturner05 Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Not sure why
    HOnestly speaking, I am still on here everyday, multiple times per day and I just do not post. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that, medically speaking, I do not have much good to share as far as Kevin's progression is concerned. In the last month he has been hospitalized twice - on the most recent admission - mid November - we learned that Kevin's cancer has spread significantly throughout his lungs, significantly throughout his liver and it is now in the peritoneal lining of the abdomen. Upon discharge, we were told VERY definitively that they did not know Kevin's life expectancy. He was discharged on Hospice and told to spend each day very carefully and that if we wanted to spend Christmas together to do it early . . . and if we get to spend 2 Christmas celebrations together than so be it . . . .SOOO Christmas it was. I sent a special letter to Santa for my children ;) and a special prayer to God for permission and Christmas was the day before Thanksgiving. I can tell you wholeheartedly that it was Christmas at our home - through and through.

So my dear friends here, celebrate Christmas with your family - decorate the tree, wrap presents, have Santa visit and celebrate Christmas. It brought us so much joy to be able to say that we had Christmas together.

Merry Christmas everyone

Whitney
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options

Not sure why
    HOnestly speaking, I am still on here everyday, multiple times per day and I just do not post. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that, medically speaking, I do not have much good to share as far as Kevin's progression is concerned. In the last month he has been hospitalized twice - on the most recent admission - mid November - we learned that Kevin's cancer has spread significantly throughout his lungs, significantly throughout his liver and it is now in the peritoneal lining of the abdomen. Upon discharge, we were told VERY definitively that they did not know Kevin's life expectancy. He was discharged on Hospice and told to spend each day very carefully and that if we wanted to spend Christmas together to do it early . . . and if we get to spend 2 Christmas celebrations together than so be it . . . .SOOO Christmas it was. I sent a special letter to Santa for my children ;) and a special prayer to God for permission and Christmas was the day before Thanksgiving. I can tell you wholeheartedly that it was Christmas at our home - through and through.

So my dear friends here, celebrate Christmas with your family - decorate the tree, wrap presents, have Santa visit and celebrate Christmas. It brought us so much joy to be able to say that we had Christmas together.

Merry Christmas everyone

Whitney

POWERFUL POST AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHO...
    Whitney,
    Thank you for sharing that story! I THINK MY family needed to hear that as e keep debating do we get a tree or not---the fear of not being here for the ACTUAL Christmas day. I think your pot answered and helped a lot for us with those questions.

And guess what else? Not exactly medically but HERE is about where I am physically;
    "Eric's cancer has probably spread significantly throughout his lungs, significantly throughout his liver and it is now in the peritoneal lining of the abdomen. Eric has Ascites. We have been told VERY definitively that they did not know Eric's life expectancy."

Thahk you

God bless you.
    Eric
  • fredswilma
    fredswilma Member Posts: 185
    Options

Not sure why

Merry Christmas everyone

Whitney

Whitney
    I am so glad to read your post, and hope you enjoyed your early Christmas, hoping that you enjoy another Christmas soon, just wanted you to know i have been thinking of you, keep in touch.
    Ann