2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

On the list.
    Your friend is on the list.

I am so sorry about your
    I am so sorry about your friend and will be praying for her.

Hugs, Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Prayers
    Prayers for her, her family and the medical team working on her.

Thanks for letting us know.

marge

Skipper, prayers and hugs
    Skipper, prayers and hugs for your friend.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

On the list.
    Your friend is on the list.

My prayers will include your
    My prayers will include your friend and you too Skipper. If you don't mind, please keep us updated on her.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry about your
    I'm so sorry about your friend. It is unfortunate that we put all our faith on these treatments - and we should - to have them cause another problem later. I just wish there was a cure already, so that not so many people have to go through this, over and over again.

My prayers are with your friend and her family. Please keep us posted.

Hugs

Please keep us updated on
    Please keep us updated on your friend. My prayers go out to her. I am like Love Baby Jesus, I wish there was a cure!
  • Tkitty
    Tkitty Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Kylez said:

My prayers will include your
    My prayers will include your friend and you too Skipper. If you don't mind, please keep us updated on her.

Hugs, Kylez

My prayers for your friend.
    My prayers for your friend. Keep us updated.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Tkitty said:

My prayers for your friend.
    My prayers for your friend. Keep us updated.

How is your friend doing
    How is your friend doing Skipper? Please let her know that she has the prayers of all of the pink sisters on this board.

Hugs to you too,

Noel
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

How is your friend doing
    How is your friend doing Skipper? Please let her know that she has the prayers of all of the pink sisters on this board.

Hugs to you too,

Noel

Doing well
    I've spoken with her several times and the only problem she has is when they change the "pad" in the wound vac. Even on pain meds she launches into orbit as they contact the muscle. Her skin graft is to be this coming Tuesday the 13th and she's really looking forward to that. Plans have changed - the surgeon is now using cadaver skin rather than skin from her thigh, unless he doesn't have enough. She will get the wound vac back for a while but will hopefully get rid of it on the 22nd.

Thanks for all your prayers! I shared that info with her and encouraged her to join us here. Not sure yet if she will or not. Maybe once all the surgery and "stuff" is behind her.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Doing well
    I've spoken with her several times and the only problem she has is when they change the "pad" in the wound vac. Even on pain meds she launches into orbit as they contact the muscle. Her skin graft is to be this coming Tuesday the 13th and she's really looking forward to that. Plans have changed - the surgeon is now using cadaver skin rather than skin from her thigh, unless he doesn't have enough. She will get the wound vac back for a while but will hopefully get rid of it on the 22nd.

Thanks for all your prayers! I shared that info with her and encouraged her to join us here. Not sure yet if she will or not. Maybe once all the surgery and "stuff" is behind her.

Skipper, please know that I
    Skipper, please know that I am sending prayers for your friend. If she should decide to join our group, we will all welcome her with open arms.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Doing well

Wishing your friend good
    Wishing your friend good luck Skipper!

Praying,

Kylez
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Wishing your friend good
    Wishing your friend good luck Skipper!

Praying,

Kylez

More Prayers
    for your friend. I just met a wonderful lady last week at chemo who also has this rare rad induced cancer. She had BC 11 years ago and now has this. So very sad. From what she told me, it's very rare, only about 160 people a year are diagnosed. Cancer really does suck!

Hugs,Debi
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    debi.18 said:

More Prayers
    for your friend. I just met a wonderful lady last week at chemo who also has this rare rad induced cancer. She had BC 11 years ago and now has this. So very sad. From what she told me, it's very rare, only about 160 people a year are diagnosed. Cancer really does suck!

Hugs,Debi

I agree that cancer sucks!
    I agree that cancer sucks! I am adding my prayers for your friend.

Hugs, Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    debi.18 said:

More Prayers

Hugs,Debi

Praying for your friend
    Praying for your friend Skipper and also for the lady you met Debi.

Hugs, Lex
  • MsGracee1
    MsGracee1 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Her story sounds similar to mine. I had lumpectomy 10 yrs ago. My radiation caused stage 2 angio sarcoma. I had been put off from docs in ny area as a cyst. (Nothing they can do) I am new to this . Just had my mastectomy and can't rap my head around radiation. Im suppose to be decided by now but not. I hope you tell your friend I'd like to hear from her. Im sorry for what she is going through. I'll keep her in my prayer list. I wish her all the best and hope and pray she comes through. This is so hard. Cancer bites. I do understand its hard to talk about but were all facing similar situations. This is my first post on here. I now understand how hard it can be.

• pennycount
    pennycount Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 28 #35
    Options

I was diagnosed with angiosarcoma in 2022, but my is primary, not caused by radiation. I am in orange county CA. My doctor didn't use stage for AS, they use low grade or high grade. It is very rare type cancer. I had both mastectomy. Hope you recover well from the surgery. Did you doctor schedule chemo for you? Christine

• MsGracee1
    Options

Hi Penny count, Yes I have a chemo doctor. They are doing labs on my cancer still and I will use post menopause chemo this time plus whatever else he decides. I see him in Feb 6th . Again. They never told me stage either until I called American cancer society and they told me yes there are stages. I will ask about high or low now. Thanks for the info. Im here in Illinois. I hope all goes well with you too. Prayers 🙏 Carla

• pennycount
    pennycount Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 28 #37
    Options

Hi Carla,

Due to the rarity of angiosarcoma, there is no standard treatment like other breast cancer. i have taxol every three weeks. I found Corrie Painter with count me in cancer research for patient. she diagnosed 10+ years ago with primary AS, her doctor did same taxol + surgery. Not sure if this will be best choice in your case. More we learn to prepare good fight. Take care! Christine

• MsGracee1
    Options

Thanks for the info.