EOX chemo treatment?

Options
Joel C
Joel C Member Posts: 174
I’m curious to know if anyone has had experience with the chemo EOX? I had a recurrence nine months post MIE in the right paratracheal lymph node (near the clavicle). After much debate over what was the best way to treat the recurrence we settled on surgically removing the node and following up with six rounds of EOX. The node has now been removed and I will start the EOX chemo on 12/14. I have been told by my oncologist that EOX is a very toxic chemo and I can expect some pretty unpleasant side effects. If anyone has been treated with EOX and would like to share their experience I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you,
Joel

Comments

• JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Options
    I'd be curious of this
    I'd be curious of this myself Joel. It's the combo the oncologist mentioned as a possibility.
  • Kenem
    Kenem Member Posts: 21
    Options
    JimboC said:

I'd be curious of this
    I'd be curious of this myself Joel. It's the combo the oncologist mentioned as a possibility.

EOX
    My initial regimen at Cleveland Clinic was EOX. Daily Xeloda. Eight infusions of Epirubicin and Oxyliplatin every three weeks. Powerful stuff with many unpleasant side effects but very effective. The EC was reduced. Side effects (for me) included hand and foot neuropathy, sensitivity to heat and cold, some nausea, fatigue, hair loss and diarrhea. I found acupuncture to be very effective in dealing with the unpleasant side effects.
  • mruble
    mruble Member Posts: 174
    Options
    EOX
    My husband had EOX both before and after surgery. He tolerated it fairly well before surgery (neuropathy, cold sensitivity were the main issues) and it was effective. After surgery, however, it landed him in the hospital for two weeks with severe abdominal pain. While the cause was never determined, we believe that his new little stomach couldn't handle the Xeloda. That was the end of EOX for him.
  • Kenem
    Kenem Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Kenem said:

EOX
    My initial regimen at Cleveland Clinic was EOX. Daily Xeloda. Eight infusions of Epirubicin and Oxyliplatin every three weeks. Powerful stuff with many unpleasant side effects but very effective. The EC was reduced. Side effects (for me) included hand and foot neuropathy, sensitivity to heat and cold, some nausea, fatigue, hair loss and diarrhea. I found acupuncture to be very effective in dealing with the unpleasant side effects.

EOX
    Another side effect of the EOX regimen for me was chemo brain. i just wasn't as sharp as I thought should have been.