My mom has a surgery date!!!

Heeran
Heeran Member Posts: 171
After months of torture, vomitting, insomnia, lethargy, and everything else my mom went through with chemo/radiation, we got the PET results back and she's a candidate for surgery!!! She's scheduled for Dec. 15th here in Omaha, NE with Dr. Dittrich. MIE through the abdomen and traditional through the back/side (can't remember) to get to the squamous cell tumor in the middle of her chest. All affected lymph nodes looks clean on the scan. I've been praying every night and this is the best thanksgiving/christmas present ever.

Can everyone pray for us and the surgery goes well? Thanks for all your support on this forum. I am happy to write on here today but there have been many times that I've read the boards or written while crying.

Heeran
Daughter of EC Patient, Squamous Cell, T3N2M0

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Great News!!!
    Heeran,

I am so glad to hear that your Mom is a candidate for surgery. I know that chemotherapy and radiation has been a challenge. Now hopefully she will have some time to rest and regain her strength prior to surgery. You can be sure you and your Mom will be in my prayers in preparation for surgery.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    I am so happy for you both!
    Heeran,

That is WONDERFUL news! I'm so glad that your mom is a candidate for surgery. Dec. 15th isn't too far away either.

It didn't take long after surgery before Nick felt much better. There are still some challenging days, but they are more infrequent now. You will find the same.

Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way!

Love & Hugs,

Terry
  • Yay! progress!
    Heeran, great news for your mom, you guys have had a rough time! Your mom & family are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck on Dec 15, 2010! Keep us posted.
    Sal
  • MissusB
    MissusB Member Posts: 111

Yay! progress!
    Heeran, great news for your mom, you guys have had a rough time! Your mom & family are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck on Dec 15, 2010! Keep us posted.
    Sal

Wonderful news!
    Heeran - we missed you when you didn't post for a while, but that doesn't mean we haven't been thinking about you and your Mom. I will pray like crazy and am so happy for your news! Didn't realize you were so close - I'm in KC. December 15th will be here before you know it. Love to you - Kim
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    Wearing out my poor old knees
    Yup, that's what I'm doing here with all the prayers needed on this board!! I'm so happy for you and your mom and I'll definately be praying for a successful surgery and a speedy and full recovery!
    Hugs
    Rita
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    What a wonderful
    What a wonderful thanksgiving and christmas present! Prayers are going up now and will ya'll be in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.
    Sandra
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    sandy1943 said:

What a wonderful
    What a wonderful thanksgiving and christmas present! Prayers are going up now and will ya'll be in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.
    Sandra

Heeran, what wonderful news!
    Heeran, what wonderful news! You have been such a good and devoted daughter through all this, I'm SO happy for both of you! Will definitely be praying for uneventful surgery and recovery!
    Angie
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Heeran, wonderful news!
    Prayers are coming your way for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for your Mom!
    Cheryl
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Heeran
    Heeran Member Posts: 171
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Hi William
    Sorry it took so long to get back on this board. I'm really behind trying to fit everything in. Dr. Dittrich is a younger doctor and I actually went to the same high school as him. He'll be using the scope through I believe 5 small cuts through the abdomen. My mom had originally agreed to go to Pittsburg but as she became so sick, the thought of not being here was too much for her. She asked me to respect her wishes because I was fighting her for awhile but I agreed to respect her wishes. Dec. 15th is coming up fast. Now we're getting through all of the pre-tests. Thanks for checking in with me. She still has insomnia problems but I guess I'll take that versus the alternative. I'll keep everyone posted after surgery.
  • Heeran said:

Hi William
    Sorry it took so long to get back on this board. I'm really behind trying to fit everything in. Dr. Dittrich is a younger doctor and I actually went to the same high school as him. He'll be using the scope through I believe 5 small cuts through the abdomen. My mom had originally agreed to go to Pittsburg but as she became so sick, the thought of not being here was too much for her. She asked me to respect her wishes because I was fighting her for awhile but I agreed to respect her wishes. Dec. 15th is coming up fast. Now we're getting through all of the pre-tests. Thanks for checking in with me. She still has insomnia problems but I guess I'll take that versus the alternative. I'll keep everyone posted after surgery.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator